Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Vu+solo2 se stuck at blackhole screen

hi i put my vu+solo2se clone into deep standby last night and we had a power cut, now when i power it up i get just the blackhole image on screen.

i rang the guy who i bought it off who wasnt too helpful

question is ive seen the files on VU+ and X Website --- Home but in which order do i need to flash them, to get back to having a epg similar to a skybox for purpose of freeview channels.

before this morning id have blackhole screen followed by openvix loading, please wait then it would come on to last channel i had on.

really sorry if i seem like a total noob but i am.

p.s i have a usb drive/ null modem cable and access to windows xp with rs 232 serial port or vista with same. help would be very much appreciated
    Last edited by jamie321; 27th October, 2014 at 04:05 PM.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    498 Posts

It sounds like you are going to try to update to v4 with files that are for vu solo 2
    Have you tried disconnecting box from everything for 15mins then try to start it?
    Is it still just showing boot logo.
    Try and download the solo 2 se image from the site assuming it's their box you are using.
    If so try reflashing but you will lose important files you may have.
    Let us know how you get on from there.