Commando 15.0d for DM500S and DM500C
Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    56 Posts

Default Commando 15.0d for DM500S and DM500C

It took nearly 6 months to pull this off, but thanks to our loyal band of beta testers (some on cable, some on mult-Sat, some on both), we think we have finally hit pay dirt with this image.

For users getting their old DM500C boxes out of the closet or loft, we have a nice surprise for you. Cydine's old dBox2 C12 NetID Scanning with VM Bouquets has been ported in, wooo! Along with SML and full Parental Control options. Fill yer boots, guys...

For DM500S, it's all been about NOT breaking the DiSEQc A-Z Scanning that cydine's old code DID break... It looks like we're finally there at last, phew! We've also added shedloads more protection, robustness, and disaster recovery to AutoBouquets, in order to look after you when you try weird things, LOL!

Either reboot and click BLUE > BLUE (Update available) or start over again with this morning's bang up to date build attached. More info in the info.zip file attached, which is also included in the rar package (along with libcrypto for mgcamd testers).

Enjoy! Cheers- TC
    Attached Files Attached Files

2. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to PaphosAL For This Useful Post:

62robertali (21st March, 2016), chickenkicker99 (9th November, 2014), d8888d (18th July, 2015), digicon (28th October, 2014), edevs (24th August, 2015), gooleys12 (3rd March, 2015), Hadron (29th October, 2014), IpiBcsi (4th February, 2020), jaima (15th September, 2016), jastero (1st December, 2015), JoK (28th October, 2014), Mee?kat (17th April, 2015), minervaman (11th September, 2015), paul93 (5th November, 2014), reddevil157 (2nd June, 2015), santorin2001 (7th December, 2015), steekie (19th May, 2015)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    56 Posts

We should have mentioned that this is now a DUAL platform image, and that thanks to some smart LraiZer code, it detects if your box has a DM500S or a DM500C tuner on first boot.

And then a one-time script nukes all the excess baggage files for the 'other' platform, and then it nukes itself, LOL!

Thought it might b useful to attach the latest helpfiles as a seperate pack, but these are also packaged in the image download as well..

Cheers- AL
    Attached Files Attached Files

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PaphosAL For This Useful Post:

62robertali (21st March, 2016), androidtvuk (20th October, 2016)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Flashing now

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PaphosAL View Post
    We should have mentioned that this is now a DUAL platform image, and that thanks to some smart LraiZer code, it detects if your box has a DM500S or a DM500C tuner on first boot.

And then a one-time script nukes all the excess baggage files for the 'other' platform, and then it nukes itself, LOL!

Thought it might b useful to attach the latest helpfiles as a seperate pack, but these are also packaged in the image download as well..

Cheers- AL
    nice like how now got new channels except there staying black after follow your hints a trick file to get them working

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

been trying to flash my DM500s with a null modem cable - but ive either bought the wrong cable or the one ive bought doesnt work!! Would there be any possibility you could provide me with a link to buy one off e_ _ y or any other site? Pulling my hair out here! My laptop is brand new - so im not sure if it has the RS232 port - but it does however, have a port which looks like it - but I think its to connect to a monitor - but not sure if the null modem cable goes in here or not?! The cable which I am currntly using (which either is not working, or the wrong cable) is a USB Male to RS232 serial with an attached female to female gender changer converter. Your help would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks

complete newbie here - as you can tell :-)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    56 Posts

What image is your box at present, m8?

AL

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    467 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jap1981 View Post
    been trying to flash my DM500s with a null modem cable - but ive either bought the wrong cable or the one ive bought doesnt work!! Would there be any possibility you could provide me with a link to buy one off e_ _ y or any other site? Pulling my hair out here! My laptop is brand new - so im not sure if it has the RS232 port - but it does however, have a port which looks like it - but I think its to connect to a monitor - but not sure if the null modem cable goes in here or not?! The cable which I am currntly using (which either is not working, or the wrong cable) is a USB Male to RS232 serial with an attached female to female gender changer converter. Your help would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks

complete newbie here - as you can tell :-)
    As you suspect the port on your laptop is for a monitor (it will be the same physical size as an RS232 port, but will have 15 pins instead of 9).

Most USB to RS232 serial adapters have a male connector on the end, as they replicate the connector you would find on a pc with a built-in RS232 port.

You will need to use the adapter with a null modem cable. Using a female to female gender changer won't work, as certain wires need to be crossed over, as they are in the null modem cable.

Also, many members have problems with USB to RS232 serial adapters, but some have had success with adapters using the Prolific PL2303HXD rev D chipset, such as this one:-

Prolific PL2303HXD USB to RS232 Serial Cable 9 Pin Male for Win 7 8 - Apple Mac | eBay

It will have to be used with a null modem cable:-

NULL MODEM CONNECTOR CONNECTION CABLE 9 PIN 1.8 METER FEMALE TO FEMALE | eBay

I have noticed that there's a seller selling an "all in one" adapter which is listed as working with a Dreambox:-

USB to Serial Null Modem Cable EuroVox Upgrade Lead | eBay

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hadron For This Useful Post:

jap1981 (14th November, 2014), PaphosAL (9th November, 2014)

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Both my boxes stuck on loading with latest commando 15d update. Any ideas please ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by redralph View Post
    Both my boxes stuck on loading with latest commando 15d update. Any ideas please ?
    Do a fresh install

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums...dreamup-42950/

13. The Following User Says Thank You to psats For This Useful Post:

redralph (9th November, 2014)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

im having trouble with my channels staying black after added the c line and version and turned it on anyone able to help me on this via email or teamviewr?

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,742 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by chickenkicker99 View Post
    im having trouble with my channels staying black after added the c line and version and turned it on anyone able to help me on this via email or teamviewr?
    Read the Rules Please: http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums...rules-2/#post2

• Linking to Card Sharing Payservers for any reason is not allowed
    • Discussions about Cardsharing are not allowed, including, but not limited to, CCcam, Oscam, MGcamd, Gbox, Mbox, etc....
    • Discussions about Servers, Providers, Clines, Gift's etc will be edited or removed.
    • No asking for Pay Server lines

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hadron - You sir, quite literally are "Thee Man!" Thank you so much - I bought the all in one option from the link you provided and it worked first time using Universal dreamup! I've flashed my dm500s with commando v15.0d and all seems to be working :-) Do you know if Cccam gets added to my dreambox automatically with commando v15.0d or do i have to add it seperately?? And if so, how?? Not even sure what it does tbh.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,742 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jap1981 View Post
    Hadron - You sir, quite literally are "Thee Man!" Thank you so much - I bought the all in one option from the link you provided and it worked first time using Universal dreamup! I've flashed my dm500s with commando v15.0d and all seems to be working :-) Do you know if Cccam gets added to my dreambox automatically with commando v15.0d or do i have to add it seperately?? And if so, how?? Not even sure what it does tbh.

Hi buddy,

we dont talk about any sort of 'Cams' on the forum due to the forum rules, but as paphosal has mentioned many times previously all the helpfiles can be found in the image itself as well as from the download at the top of the page.

Thank you

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks digicon - and apologies. A whole new world to me.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    467 Posts

Thanks for getting back to let us know that the all-in-one adapter worked on your Dreambox jap1981.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Hadron For This Useful Post:

charley (28th March, 2015)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast