Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default m3u lists for vu solo

Hi. Ia it possible to make my own m3u lists to add to my boquets in vu solo?

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,742 Posts

you mean for IPTV playback

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Yes mate. What I wan to try is to find web streams and put them into m3u list to add to bouquets.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,742 Posts

You will need to install an IPTV plugin then before you can add any

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I heard you can add them tona notepadd file and then add it to bouquets. Wasnt sure on the format tho and struggling to find any info on the web.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,742 Posts

not the same machine but the same principle:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Something very similar to that. For example....if I got the stream url from say wiziwig and placed it into a file and added to etc/enigma 2. This would place it on bouquets. Is this possible?

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,742 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by regy101 View Post
    Something very similar to that. For example....if I got the stream url from say wiziwig and placed it into a file and added to etc/enigma 2. This would place it on bouquets. Is this possible?
    If you watch the video as i previously stated you need the streamTV Player plugin which lets you watch the Streams

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

m3u files and your bouquets are different . you can add iptv links to a bouquet using dream control center , but there is a format in which the links must be added . also some links wont play in a bouquet such as simple tv links and mms links . but rtmp/ rtsp/ http links will play , however as i said you have to add them in a particular format , and free iptv links dont last forever they can last anywhere from minutes to weeks and months depending on the links sources .

if your box is enigma 2 you can use the media player and media player playlist file to play iptv links , basicly you again use dcc to add the links to the playlist file (again there is a format ) and then you use the media player to play the links . the benfit of this method is that it also plays simple tv links .

another option is to install tsmedia , that gives you a lot of iptv be it movies / tv series / iptv channels etc all free . an additional benifit is that you can create m3u files using notepad and add links to them and the use tsmedia to play all these links . i have quite a few m3u files added to tsmedia myself and it works well ,also tsmedia has a download option so if you saw a good playlist on tsmedia you could select download and then it can be saved as an m3u file . what i do is i have a movie file / a sports file / documentary file etc etc im sure you get the picture , and then i edit the files when they need editing and update or remove dead links and add new ones , all you need are good reliable regularly updated iptv link sources .

there is another plugin called iptv list updater which you could consider also , that creates lists for you , i dont know if you can add your own channels or lm3u lists to it .

streamtv player and nstream player and similar players use xml files as opposed to m3u files , so you would need an xml editor to add the links in the correct format .
    i love it when a dreambox comes together.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to piopat For This Useful Post:

McrRed (13th September, 2015)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by regy101 View Post

that wouldnt put the link into your bouquets , your bouquets are in that location but all you would be doing is adding a file to that location . you can use dcc to edit the favourites bouquet and add links to it in a certain format , however as you mention wiziwig i would think they are simple tv links and as such those types of links wont play in a bouquet . that said some simple tv links can be broken down in to smaller rtmp links that will play in a bouquet , however its better to use a method that allows multiple link types to play , ive outlined a few options in my other post .
    i love it when a dreambox comes together.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Thanks digicon/piopat.

So if ihave found a web stream for example http://mtstreamlink.com/sports_1.php DCC should be able to sort it?

I have tsmedia installed as well. I will look into all options above but appreciate your help.