Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Openbox v5s newbie

Hi
    I'm pretty new at all this so bear with me, sorry in advance if these are daft question!

Is there any way I can have my sky box and openbox on at the same time?
    Is there a tv guide on openbox like sky? It's a bit of a pain manually going through every channel on EPG.
    Is box office available on openbox as it appears I'm not getting it.

Thanks

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    474 Posts

1. You can use the 'loop' plug on the back of the openbox to connect the boxes in serial or if you have dual cables, connect one to the openbox and one to the $ly box, iirc you need to set up the $ly box for one feed, this will affect the + ie record facility of the $ky box.
    2. Openbox is a cheap/nasty Chinese box designed with one thing in mind the ability to CS. EPG is therefore basic, if you want a better EPG invest in a better box.
    3. Box office is there in cwaite's or aj's channel lists, you just need to work out which one is showing what you want to watch.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to martin035 For This Useful Post:

jade012 (6th November, 2014)

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    467 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jade012 View Post
    ...Is there any way I can have my sky box and openbox on at the same time?...
    I assume that your genuine $ly box is a $ly+, and that you have a quad LNB.

How many connections do you currently have coming from your dish? If you only have 2 LNB cables and want to keep the recording facility on the $ly+ box to record a different channel to the one you are watching, then you will need to run another feed to the LNB.

Using the loop connector on the V5s will only let you watch 1 box at a time, as you cannot share 1 feed between 2 boxes.