1 Post

Default Openbox v8 combos

got these in as samples

Anyone tried them

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It's ok for the price. The only downside is the lack of support. It's almost impossible to find the settings for the channels list.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

just got 1 of these and need a channel list as 1 it came with sucks...plus any info on how to install please

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    474 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by athenrybhoy View Post
    just got 1 of these and need a channel list as 1 it came with sucks...plus any info on how to install please
    Follow this excellent guide to install the channel list;

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums...-guide-257009/

Channel lists can be found at the top of the forum in the Red stickies, Aj's or cwaite's both are the same just have a different channel order.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

i;ve tried 1 of aj's but it does not show up in upgrade menu,(have not deleted channels, would that effect TP prog.dbs showing up )i'm afraid to delete crappy list thats on there in case in cant upload new 1,i've done a usb dump but there is no TP prog.dbs on there ...really need someone that has 1 of these to advise

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    474 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by athenrybhoy View Post
    ...really need someone that has 1 of these to advise
    From another forum, seems there's a bug with v8;

For some unknown reason the Openbox V8s does not like USB inserted channel lists---the lists work on some but not on others and sometimes even tend to brick the boxes.
    I and a few other owners have found that to prevent the hiccup you need to remove the channel list then delete all channels via the edit button.
    Then do a full blind scan of the required satellite---once all channels scanned in then once again go to edit and manually save the channels you like into favourites. Do not reload a channel list, use your own favourites via the favourite button on remote. I have had no further trouble with the freezing/channel loss etc since doing this exercise and have been informed by Yojla/skybox that a bug fix for V7, V8, S-V8, V8s and V8se will be released soon.
    courtesy of 'the reaper'
    Last edited by martin035; 6th January, 2015 at 09:12 PM. Reason: Quote contained links

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

cheers m8 ,presume v8 combo would be same,think i'll wait for fix manually edit and save sounds like hard work..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

just download the image backup from the link below and flash it onto your box. after flash the channel list should be there. call me on if you need help

www.mobi-shop.co.uk/downloads/v8-combo-firmware/demo_flash.bin try this it will work you just have to put them in order you want its a pain but at least you got the channels.download the file and put it on a usb stick then flash it on to your box.
    Last edited by digicon; 7th January, 2015 at 01:43 AM. Reason: No Personal contact details please

9. The Following User Says Thank You to thanidar For This Useful Post:

ozzy30 (5th September, 2015)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

cheers m8 that could be whats already on there its exactly same size as usb dump i made

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

All the latest openbox/skybox/libertview boxes need the existing channel list deleting before trying to upgade a new channel list otherwise you will brick the box then need to reflash it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I just deleted all channels and then applied AJ's channel list via USB and it worked fine for me. I was using a new Openbox v8s.

Ignorance is sometimes bliss.....until it bites!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

not going to delete channel list as bad as it is until somebody with this combo box can confirm an upload will work...i have done a user db dump to usb but can only see a bin file ,theres no tp prog.dbs file .....question. if i place tp prog.dbs on usb and try upgrade would fact i have not deleted existing channels first cause box not to see tp prog.dbs?

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    467 Posts

There seems to be a lot of confusion in this thread.

The thread is about the V8 combo box, not the V8s. They use completely different channel lists.

The V8s uses the same TP_PROG.dbs list as most other openbox/skybox/libertview boxes (except X5/F6 boxes).

The V8 combo uses a .bin channel list, but I don't believe that it's compatible with the X5/F6 list.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Here you have the best software for Openbox V8 Combo, tested all the other software but this is the best, Channel Editor is well, and my channel list, this is not for you country, but if some one has time can play with this and make channel list with favours and upload here for me, as my self i do not have time to deal with this, to help little you do not need any ftp to dump and upload channel list, it all can be done with USB, Thanks!!!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Search38; 14th January, 2015 at 11:40 PM.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Search38 For This Useful Post:

fishy (9th June, 2015), mo.p (6th May, 2015), ozzy30 (5th September, 2015)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello, I m newbie in here but an old FTA user. I just got a Openbox V8 Combo and will like to download the most recent file, recovery tool or channel editor if available. Will appreciated all the help I can get, Again, Thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast