Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default parental control

Hi all
    im trying to lock out the adult channels on my D2box. Im using a commando 6 image. I have done this before but its been a long while and the channels have been recently mixed up by Ch^*?s. If anyone can help me out ild greatly appericate it.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    119 Posts

create a folder using bouquet editor put all the ~~~~ into that folder, then highlight the name of the folder press the dbox then across the bottom of the screen - under the blue icon you will see Hide" press the blue button with ~~~~ folder highlighted and it will be locked...........Paul
    If your Happy with the Help push the Thanx button
    PAUL

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

thanks Plasterer

that hides the boquet alright. what i want to do is pin protect each channel as it appears? ive done it once before but for the life of me i cant remember how.

thanks for your help with this

elhefe

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Do as plasterer said except keep pressing the dbox button til the writing under the blue button says "lock" then press blue,
    Also make sure you have set a password in the youth protection section under dbox-settings.
    All information given is for educational purposes only.It is an offence to use this information for the purpose of obtaining free cable and we do not condone the theft of cable services.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

thanks a million wiz i will trry it when i get home and let you know how i got on

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by elhefe View Post
    thanks Plasterer

that hides the boquet alright. what i want to do is pin protect each channel as it appears? ive done it once before but for the life of me i cant remember how.

thanks for your help with this

elhefe
    have you tried going into boqet editor, in pacino you can code protect the channels

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i did try the boquet editor in the web interface alrite and spent a long time working out what is what as in my image most of the buttons are in german. after a lot of messing i finally managed to figure out what i was doing.

to everyone thanks a million for all the help. its me, brain rot is a terrible thing you know

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

hi
    I removed adult channels by editing myservices file stops channels even after scan
    just delete myservices if you want channels back

Backup your services file on your pc. Make a copy of services.xml to myservices.xml.
    In 'myservices.xml' edit the lines with the adult channel entries to include 'action=remove'

For example if a line reads:
    channel service_id="01fd" name="Red Hot Ladies" service_type="01"

change it to:
    channel service_id="01fd" action="remove" name="Red Hot Ladies" service_type="01"

When you've changed all relevent entries (there may be several for each channel depending on the stream info),
    copy the 'myservices.xml' file across to the same directory the 'services.xml' file currently resides in.
    Restart your box and ~~~~ be gone!!