Register

Thread: Random Booting

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default Random Booting

I have VU DUO and normally use it at my flat that I use for work, where I have only 1 LNB feed so using only tuner A. I brought the box home for the xmas period and as we have SLY and a quad LNB with 2 feeds into the house I connected up both tuners.

I had difficulty in getting tuner B to give a good signal, even when both A & B set to Simple 28.2E, the box would not record via Tuner B.

Now it's started randomly rebooting on channel change or when accessing the Hard drive.

I suspect it may be a power supply issue. So tomorrow or when I can I am going to change the Cap, or initially inspect the motherboard and of course the state of the Cap.

Any help or other members thoughts on the possible cause would be appreciated.

Thanks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

I would check the sat cable connectors first, unscrew the f plugs off the cable to make sure there are no wires causing a short from the outer screening to the centre core.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I have checked the F connectors but was sure they were OK as they work fine on my Sly tuner.

I have checked the voltage outputs from the tuner inputs:-

Tuner A Simple Single - Setup I get 18.4V and 13.48V

Tuner B Equal to A - Setup I get 0V and 0V

With Tuner A Not Configured and Tuner B Simple Single - Setup I get 0V and 13.48V

Looks like something in the 18v supply to that Tuner is Fubarred - Anyone any ideas??

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

OK Replaced the CAP on the mainboard and the random booting has now stopped I hope.

The problem with the Tuner B I now think is the switching IC U808 on the mainboard an LNBH23L see photo
    Attached Images Attached Images