Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Default dreambox 800 hdd

Hi everybody.
    Since my box froze the other day. See (no CA found- thread) I can no longer record on my dreambox 800 hd .I was getting message drive full. (internal sata 320 gb)I tried to delete what was on it, no good so I tried re-initialising and it stopped, giving a message "error 48/100 cannot find kernel" and then my box wasn't acknowledging that a drive was there so I tried using my pc to delete and same thing.
    Thinking drive was knackered I bought a new one and same result and new drive also will not work on pc. I tried a pen drive in usb socket, this was recognised, mounted it , when initialised, gave same error " error 48/100 cannot initialise" etc, and now, once again that drive not acknowledged in mount manager or on my pc.
    It seems that each drive I try it is ruining them.
    Anyone else had this problem?

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Not sure what your error issues are, but the probable reason you can not see it on your pc is the dreambox formats to linux ext3/4.
    So you will need to read up on (how to boot your pc from disc drive) using linux
    You will need to download it to DVD and you don't need to install it to your pc as it will use some of you drive space.
    You will get the option to try it.

You can also try this partition tool http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/downloads/other/8/mini-partition-tool-3144/

3. The Following User Says Thank You to 00360362878 For This Useful Post:

ozzy001 (29th December, 2014)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

thanks mate. will have a look around at what you suggest and let you know if I suss it out. cheers

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ozzy001 For This Useful Post:

00360362878 (29th December, 2014)