Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Buy an hd player,you can get the Toshiba players very cheap,the films are now very cheap,there is also a big catalogue of hd films,even though there are not any more being released.I have a Sony PS3 and a Toshiba HD player,which i paid ?70 for,blu rays for the PS3 are around ?15,which is very good,HD films can be picked up for as little ?3 if you look on line,very good value.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

get out the dark ages guys....

i've done a bench test on my own setup with Batman Begins on both Bluray (PS3) and HD-DVD (Samsung DVD HD850) simultaneously on split screen using 2 identical HDMI cables (The Chord Company HDMI 1.3a Silver Plus) and the Bluray stole the show...
    looks so much crispier than the HD-DVD and the blacks where that bit darker...

if HD-DVD was the better format don't you think they would have chosen it over Bluray....
    Mubz

Growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional ...

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Why don't they bring out a triple combi player that plays your blu ray films,HD films and betamax tapes?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mubz View Post
    get out the dark ages guys....

i've done a bench test on my own setup with Batman Begins on both Bluray (PS3) and HD-DVD (Samsung DVD HD850) simultaneously on split screen using 2 identical HDMI cables (The Chord Company HDMI 1.3a Silver Plus) and the Bluray stole the show...
    looks so much crispier than the HD-DVD and the blacks where that bit darker...

if HD-DVD was the better format don't you think they would have chosen it over Bluray....
    Did the same test with PS3 and Tosh HD DVD player and got the opposite results. The HD DVD was much better. So i suppose it depends on what machine and TV your using. Also different people have different preferences.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i use blu ray but i think its just hd on blu ray as my set up says full hd 1080 but only have a blu ray drive so you can get up too 50gb of hd film on a blu ray disc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Smile Hd-DVd V Blu-ray

It's the old story of Betamax versus VHS.The best system was not the one which cornered the market and finally won.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

In my continuing quest to fill the house with expired movie formats I now have 105 of the 230 UK HDDVDs released and five of the 500-odd US ones. Betamax collecting is on hold at the mo but pretty much every day new LDs are arriving inc. last week, half a dozen mint condition pre certs still in their cellophane.

If anybody here has HDDVDs, LDs, DVHS or betamax tapes for sale, please get in touch

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Staminastan View Post
    In my continuing quest to fill the house with expired movie formats I now have 105 of the 230 UK HDDVDs released and five of the 500-odd US ones. Betamax collecting is on hold at the mo but pretty much every day new LDs are arriving inc. last week, half a dozen mint condition pre certs still in their cellophane.

If anybody here has HDDVDs, LDs, DVHS or betamax tapes for sale, please get in touch
    what no rca selectavisions?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have half a dozen CEDs bought by my mum from a charity shop (she thought they were LDs bless) but all I've got / seen are in crappy condition, so I've held off collecting them so far. But it'd only take finding a coupla nice mintie ones for me to start!

Quote Originally Posted by shady77 View Post
    what no rca selectavisions?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Incase anybody is in the market for US HDDVDs, inetvideo.com have stock of twenty-odd titles @$3.99 or $4.99 and at the mo international delivery is half price when you spend $50+. I've just ordered 27 They're customs friendly too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Update: my 27 HDDVDs arrived in 8 days with no Customs Charges hurrah. Have ordered another 39 now...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12