Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Default Setanta wins Premier League rights !

Setanta Sports Ireland has announced that it has won the rights to broadcast 33 English Premier League games in the Republic of Ireland next season.

Setanta UK was forced into administration last month after it failed to meet payments to the English and Scottish premier leagues.

The closure of Setanta UK meant the loss of 200 jobs but Setanta Sports Ireland has continued to broadcast in the Republic where it employs 180 people.

Chief executive Niall Cogley said the news would clear up any 'confusion' about the future of Setanta in Ireland and that subscribers would continue to receive to 'best value premium sports service in Ireland'.

What I am aking myself will ESPN be Chief executive Niall Cogley said the news would clear up any 'confusion' about the future of Setanta in Ireland and that subscribers would continue to receive to 'best value premium sports service in Ireland'.

What I am Aking myself is will ESPN be available in Ireland due to the Commericial rights of these Matches ?

Regards:
    Alun
    Last edited by alunfennell; 15th July, 2009 at 05:36 PM.
    **The Worlds Best Interactive F1 Strategy Game**