Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default DM800HD unable to flash image

Hi all, I am unable to flash a new image to my DM800HD PVR (SIM 201) by all methods (that I could possibly find)

How it happened?

I was downloading plugins and stuffs when it prompted me that my memory was low. I forgot that I had taken out the HDD long time ago. Soon after, the GREEN screen appeared. I thereafter tried flashing an image and the dreaded "NO CA FOUND" error came.

After couple of days reading all types of forums, I managed to recover from the "NO CA FOUND" error.

I flashed SSL84 and tried to flash an image for SSL84 but failed. Tried SSL 84a, 84b, 84d but no corresponding image could be flashed (flashing SSL was no problem by Null modem or by webif). Note: I flashed files for DM800HD only and tried all types of images e.g. Newnigma, Nemesis, etc.

I even used a software for flashing (not sure whether I can mention it here) but could not load an image.

By Webif (Firmware upgrade)

Used IE11, Firefox, Chrome, IE8 on an old laptop. Flashing of SSL was no problem but when it comes to flashing an image after I rebooted the box, it will not flash! Once I press flash, either nothing happened or the .img will upload but the Webif screen will not change to the loading-bar. Waited for 1 hour but nothing happened.

By That software I mentioned earlier (via IP)

It will flash SSL the same. I rebooted the box and tried to load image. The file will be fully uploaded then the software will ask to wait. Yes I waited for 2 hours but no success at all. (From a YouTube video, a fella flashed an image using the same method with same software and took him only 4 minutes in total).

By Dreamup (patched) (Null modem)

Similar outcome to the software I mentioned above.

Tried FTP to the box (thought of deleting the downloaded files) in ***STOP*** mode but could not get in.

I am honestly stuck and could not think (or find on web) any solutions.

Can any kind souls out there help me out?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    154 Posts

Try null modem cable with Dreamup that should do it or look in downloads for optiflasher or NCF Sim 2 or any version of that.
    Again you might need a null modem cable with these.
    Sometimes easier to flash a lower numbered bootloader and take it from there.

Andy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by andy91 View Post
    Try null modem cable with Dreamup that should do it or look in downloads for optiflasher or NCF Sim 2 or any version of that.
    Again you might need a null modem cable with these.
    Sometimes easier to flash a lower numbered bootloader and take it from there.

Andy
    I did use Null Modem with Optiflasher, NCF. Can flash SSL but not the image.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    154 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ijalsp View Post
    I did use Null Modem with Optiflasher, NCF. Can flash SSL but not the image.
    Try lower bootloader and older image. Once you done that you should be able to flash with web browser.
    Did you try Dreamup?

Andy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Will try that today. Thinking of ssl76.

Yes, I did use dreamup with null modem too. Flashed SSL with no problems but when I flashed an img, it hangs after the image is fully loaded into the box.