Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Default Internet radio on Technomate 5402 HD M2

Hi I've recently started following Rugby League and was thinking of investing in an internet radio as not all matches are televised and with the best will in the world conventional radio coverage is limited to the region that you live in.

I noticed this feature is available on the Technomate 5402 HD M2 model and although I realise this is probably not a popular feature I was wondering if anyone has had any success with using this and if so how do you programme it to work?

Thanks in advance as always.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,742 Posts

I don't know about the Rugby league but the EPL games at 3pm on Internet radio are all barred, The reason i know is because i upgraded my Denon A/V amp to a yamaha that allows you to assign HDMI inputs to another source. So my thinking was that when a 3pm game is shown i could just Watch the channel on a foreign broadcast in HD but switch the audio to the Internet radio feature on the Yamaha it worked but as soon as kick off came the resulting commentary was changed to a Broadcast message which basically said due to copyright reasons we cannot broadcast the following commentary this by the way was on local radio.

The only option for the UK is standard Local FM and then matched to the Game, Think about it Internet radio is exactly that you can get any station including local UK stations anywhere in the world.

As i said not being a Rugby fan this could be totally different

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

I use smartdnsproxy to listen to sport over the internet,think it's still quite cheap.You have to change the settings on your router or pc/mac.Cheers

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Hi Digicon long time no speak.

Thankfully Rugby League as yet does not have the financial wranglings or the broadcasting restrictions of the Premiership (another reason I stopped watching the beautiful game.)

The radio stations I want to access via my Technomate are just bog standard BBC and local radio stations that also broadcast simultaneously via the internet but would be too far away from my location for me to pick up conventionally on my radio.

I have listened to these stations via my computer so I know that they are not barred but was wondering how I store them in the Technomate or even if it's possible. Do I have to manually enter the web address of the station for example http://www.xyzradio.com into the field or can it be uploaded as a file someway via a USB stick?
    Last edited by Benzade; 1st March, 2015 at 10:58 PM.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,742 Posts

from memory you just search for the radio station using the search function and then once found you can add it to the favourites section

6. The Following User Says Thank You to digicon For This Useful Post:

Benzade (1st March, 2015)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by digicon View Post
    from memory you just search for the radio station using the search function and then once found you can add it to the favourites section
    Thanks for the swift reply Digicon I did briefly play around with it but will give it a proper whirl when I have more time now that I know it will work.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Benzade For This Useful Post:

digicon (2nd March, 2015)