Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default TM 5402 M3 - factory reset

I am away from the receiver for a few days so will not be able to retry loading a patch or soft cam which i have had no success with so far (but have since read some useful guides on this forum). (I amy come back to this if i can't get it right.) But for now let me just get this straight. If i load a patch i need to then do a factory reset after each download. But when i did a factory reset (without successfully loading the patch or soft cam keys) i was back to square 1 having to restore satellite positions/channels etc. Is there any way of avoiding the 'restoration' process so that if i press factory reset, it will still at the very least remember the satellites i've saved (not to mention the channels). There is probably a very simple way of saving the info but I'm obviously a little thick and can't see the wood for the trees! Any advice will be much appreciated.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    95 Posts

Hi. You dont need to do a factory reset after loading patches/softcams etc - i never do. Its always best to have a copy of your data etc on a USB/laptop in case of problems. If you have a problem with a faulty patch doing a factory reset wont help anyway as it does not restore any thing to do with patches or softcams. It only restores original satellite lists/frequencies etc thats why its best to have a copy of your channel lists etc so that you can restore them back . if you have a motor and are using USALS its best to make a note of your location settings .

Regards

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Nutsandbolts For This Useful Post:

floyl (24th June, 2015)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Many thanks. Much appreciated and I'm relieved. One quick question (and I apologise because i realise that it is very basic, but i am new to the principle of saving stuff off the receiver): how do i backup the channel list onto the usb? Menu... followed by...?