Register
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789
    DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    137 Posts

Will that winkfp downgrade work on a BMW 320i 2010 CAS3+ version 9389115 - seems to be encrypted - all keys lost?

BMW Multitool won't read the CAS. Fails at security authorisation.
    CGDI BMW doesn't support it.
    My R270 won't read it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

please see original post i made, it does not come more straight forward than that.

the simple, the complicated and the long answer are all the same. yes.

bmw dont encrypt themself out of there own software, not that would be kinda stupid.

winkfp generates the seed key to grant itself authority, the aftermarket junk is absolutely not necessary nor mostly capable. the tools that do work, have reverse engineered winkfp's seed key generation and basiclly ripped off bmw's software to make there own tools and do the same thing. without the exact scenario i just explained it would be impossible to work the keys out, period. enough said about keys.

the point is, process is dead simple

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hotsd101 For This Useful Post:

cklair (13th May, 2018), ypt (10th May, 2018)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

another user asked good question about cas module:

IstaP - dont ever try program cas with it unless you have original bmw. You most definately cannot downgrade cas with ista p as it simply does not give you version options. Basic upgrade, It can be done but is very risky, here is why.

reason simple - with aftermarket ista releases, while they work great and is fantastic people have made it work, cas programming requires key out of ignition to meet ecu pre programming conditions. when you remove key 90% of the time depending on vehicle config and interfact connection + device, the car will go to sleep mode and the programming will fail. if ista p fails while flashing cas, no problem at all for winkfp to identify and fix, easy done. if aftermarket tool failed, winkfp fix is 50/50 even with force programming expert mode. winkfp will always recover failed programming sessios provided that they failed with a genuine tool to begin with. there isnt a module or hardware i have not bricked and recovered many times over.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to hotsd101 For This Useful Post:

cklair (13th May, 2018)

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789