Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default R4 Ultra: Cheats and .Savs To Work

Hello,

I need some help getting my cheats to work on my R4 Ultra for the NDS lite. It hasn't been working, but when I press cheats it shows a whole list for the pokemon games. Any idea's how to get them to work? Do I have to download a new Kernel? This is the current kernel that I'm using. R4i Ultra R4 Ultra SDHC V1.56. I got it off of this website: http://www.r4wood.com/pages/R4i-Ultra-Kernel.html. Also how can I get my .Sav files to work? I delete the current .sav i have for pokemon platinum as an example then I download the new one and replace the deleted .sav. I then start up the game and it starts a new game automatically. How can I download a previously owned game that's finished without it creating a new game? Do I have to download a new NDS? I've been using DESUME to test the .sav so it doesnt waste time. Thanks! All answers appreciated!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

For the DS Saves: I think it has to do with the internal name of the Game. There are 2 names on the R4 before I choose to play it. On the top screen it shows the Game that I've named. On the bottom screen it's different. It says Pok(2 dots on top of a space)mon Platinum. Pok mon Platinum. I'm assuming I have to change the internal name so ill look more into this tonight and let you know if it works. If anyone does know please let me know.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I got the Platinum working. I dont know what I did that made it work. The program that I used that let me change the internal name of the game made it not work so I downloaded a new Platinum, I then downloaded a new .sav named them "Pokemon Platinum" and it worked for some reason. I put it into my R4, turned on the game, and it was there. I then turned it off and went on the next morning to see that it started the game all over again. So I put the R4 into my laptop and copy and pasted the working files from yesterday again, which got it working. I now saved the game on my DS and it works every time! Now to get other games working efficiently! How can I get cheats to work as well. Someone help!!!!