Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    fonzy44

Cool Citroen Lexia 3 - Interface - Schematics

First excuse my poor english.
    Is anybody of you has the schematics or board or pictures of the electronic interface (contained inside the cable) to use with Citroen Lexia software ?

Any can make some pictures of this electronic ?

Thank's a lot.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Last edited by citronel; 22nd August, 2010 at 11:52 PM.

fonzy44

Cool

Hi Citronel, thank's a lot for the pictures.
    But should I understand that there is 2 electronic boards inside this interface ?

The first is ok but the second one ? where does it come from ?

On the second one we can see many wire on a 22 pins connector, where these wire go to ?

Do you also have a picture of the other side of the first board ? (with the DB9 connector).

Thank's

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I suspect one board piggybacks onto the other as the 12-pin connector in the middle top of the first board coincides with the 12-pins of the second board?

It's been said it's just an OBD to USB adapter (presumably with added buffer/lines) - as the real work is done via the software. How true that is I don't know but it sounds plausible enough.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Last edited by citronel; 22nd August, 2010 at 11:52 PM.

fonzy44

It can't be a simple USB to ODB2 connector because on my Citroen C4 Picasso diagnostic connector there is 16 pins with the following assignment:

See picture below, pins in green.

01 (+12v after contact)
    02 (------------------)
    03 (CAN Diagnostic High)
    04 (GND)
    05 (GND)
    06 (CAN Inter-system High)
    07 (------------------)
    08 (CAN Diagnostic Low)
    09 (------------------)
    10 (------------------)
    11 (------------------)
    12 (------------------)
    13 (------------------)
    14 (CAN Inter-system Low)
    15 (------------------)
    16 (+ 12v)

Rem: (------------------) mean Not Used.

So, there is 2 different CAN Bus to work with.
    An ODB2 connector only have 1 CAN Bus which is read only.
    In this case, the second one serve to program some new equipments.
    The question is now: How to dispatch messages from Lexia to the first or the second one ?

Ideally, it will be great to monitor communication between USB port and interface when used with Lexia 3.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello fonzy44,

Where did you get the pinouts from and can you get any more for other Cit's?

fonzy44

Unfortunately no, sorry !
    It was a long, long, long search job on internet which give me this answer.
    It was inside a technical documentation (a pdf) about Citroen C4 explaining most of the electric components and circuits.

Step by step, I try to recontruct the puzzle that Citroen let on internet, and now the only missing piece (precisely the unknown piece) is the interface which interact with the Lexia 3 software.

But when seeing the pictures of Citronel, I'm a little bit colded ... !
    Without a COM port analyser (it exist free one, I can give URL) I think I will stop to try program myself new accessories I will add to my car ...

I need help of anybody which can do this ...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Oh thats litlle harder t build for me you can buy cable ,chinese version just search

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi citronel, First excuse my poor english, since I'm Espa?ol.You can take a more detailed photos of the interface so that you could see the names of various chips, components and relays?. It may be helpful to understand the workings of it. Greetings and thank you very much for your information.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Hi Fonzy44
    i have the same interface which citronel have.
    please let us to know what do you want exactly to do?
    i can show you the other side of pcb

fonzy44

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by satinfo View Post
    Hi Fonzy44
    i have the same interface which citronel have.
    please let us to know what do you want exactly to do?
    i can show you the other side of pcb
    Hi satinfo,
    thank you for you answer, it can be interesting to see the other face. But the problem is that it will be difficult to build a new one from some photos.

I think that the best way to construct a working interface
    is to capture the communication between the computer COM port and the interface, because this is the software which give order to the interface.
    This should be done from start of the Lexia 3 and when programming some new components (like hook for caravan) and can be achieved with the help of a capture program.
    It exist many free COM port capture programs, here is the one from sysinternal (now gained by micro$oft):
    Portmon for Windows

Do you think you can capture the communication between computer COM port and the interface when starting Lexia3 and when performing some update in the car (a Citroen C4 Picasso by example which is difficult to read for many interface will be a very interesting information) ?

Thank's
    Fonzy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fonzy44 View Post
    Hi satinfo,
    thank you for you answer, it can be interesting to see the other face. But the problem is that it will be difficult to build a new one from some photos.

I think that the best way to construct a working interface
    is to capture the communication between the computer COM port and the interface, because this is the software which give order to the interface.
    This should be done from start of the Lexia 3 and when programming some new components (like hook for caravan) and can be achieved with the help of a capture program.
    It exist many free COM port capture programs, here is the one from sysinternal (now gained by micro$oft):
    Portmon for Windows

Do you think you can capture the communication between computer COM port and the interface when starting Lexia3 and when performing some update in the car (a Citroen C4 Picasso by example which is difficult to read for many interface will be a very interesting information) ?

Thank's
    Fonzy.
    Lexia3 interface connects to USB not to com its just luck like com port on the in the interface side but its USB pinned out to com connection in interface side

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi satinfo, you can take a more detailed photos of the interface so that you could see the names of various chips, components and relays?. It may be helpful to understand the workings of it.
    Greetings and thanks

fonzy44

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by jawnuolis View Post
    Lexia3 interface connects to USB not to com its just luck like com port on the in the interface side but its USB pinned out to com connection in interface side
    What can it be, a USB or what else, it will allways be spy'ed.
    In all cases it's always possible to capture the communication between the computer and this interface.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast