Hybrid View

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

Default Cannabis Cures

Hate to say it but TOLD YOU SO!

The National Institute on Drug Abuse, a US federal government research institute whose mission includes ?bringing the power of science to bear on drug abuse and addiction,? has officially admitted that marijuana extracts can kill cancer cells

http://www.cancer.gov/about-cancer/t...t/cannabis-pdq

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Cod3waX For This Useful Post:

Meat-Head (5th September, 2015)

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    233 Posts

He who laughs last probably didn't get the joke.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts

I don't know the ins and outs of this ive seen it being posted recently and shared on Facebook.

I dont have any issue with the use of cannabis be it for medical or reacrational use. I used to like a smoke myself and stopped due to drug testing. Choice being something costing me money or on the other hand make a lot of money so it really was a no brainer.

I hate the argument it's only a plant. Heroin is extracted from poppies (a plant), cocaine is extracted from the coca plant. I could go on.

I see it day in and day out on Facebook smokers posting it should be legalized because of this and that medical advantage, it has other uses such as it could be used to make paper, provide fuel etc. When really that's not why they want it legalized they want to get stoned easier fact. if the government said tomorrow 'here it's legal to make paper out of' next second it would be on to something else for a law change. Argue the law for your own reasons not what you think others will find acceptable.

Really can't see legalisation happening in the UK. Our government and not even just our current have always made it very clear it will not happen. If it happens to help cancer then they may prescribe it (already thc is prescribed on the nhs in rare cases) but not in the same fashion as the state's and not in the form of plant matter, hash, wax, oil etc. Exact same way diamorphine (heroin) is prescribed but it's not given out to chase off foil.

Cod this isn't an attack on you mate or even an attack on legalisation just my views and opinions. I'm not against legalisation. In my opinion the war on drugs doesn't work and costs to much money and its by time we look at other solutions.

Rest In Peace Michael Mcharg, A true friend and although gone never forgotten. 11-10-08.

Mr. DK DJ
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    623 Posts

Make weed legal just ban the smell

6. The Following User Says Thank You to maca For This Useful Post:

Johnner (5th September, 2015)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

People who believe weed can cure all are just high. The only truth their is about weed is it kills your brain cells and make you stupid.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Wolfpack For This Useful Post:

super jumbe (6th September, 2015)

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfpack View Post
    People who believe weed can cure all are just high. The only truth their is about weed is it kills your brain cells and make you stupid.
    So the government are all high as ~~~~ then!

Government experts now admit that pot doesn’t kill brain cells. This myth came from a handful of animal experiments in which structural changes (not actual cell death, as is often alleged) were observed in brain cells of animals exposed to high doses of pot. Many critics still cite the notorious monkey studies of Dr. Robert G. Heath, which purported to find brain damage in three monkeys that had been heavily dosed with cannabis. This work was never replicated and has since been discredited by a pair of better controlled, much larger monkey studies, one by Dr. William Slikker of the National Center for Toxicological Research and the other by Charles Rebert and Gordon Pryor of SRI International. Neither found any evidence of physical alteration in the brains of monkeys exposed to daily doses of pot for up to a year. Human studies of heavy users in Jamaica and Costa Rica found no evidence of abnormalities in brain physiology. Even though there is no evidence that pot causes permanent brain damage, users should be aware that persistent deficits in short-term memory have been noted in chronic, heavy marijuana smokers after 6 to 12 weeks of abstinence. It is worth noting that other drugs, including alcohol, are known to cause brain damage.

What else u gonna troll out as disinformation?
    You and jumbe a ~~~~ing pair of trolls?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Cod3waX For This Useful Post:

nara (6th September, 2015)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cod3waX View Post
    So the government are all high as ~~~~ then!

Government experts now admit that pot doesn’t kill brain cells. This myth came from a handful of animal experiments in which structural changes (not actual cell death, as is often alleged) were observed in brain cells of animals exposed to high doses of pot. Many critics still cite the notorious monkey studies of Dr. Robert G. Heath, which purported to find brain damage in three monkeys that had been heavily dosed with cannabis. This work was never replicated and has since been discredited by a pair of better controlled, much larger monkey studies, one by Dr. William Slikker of the National Center for Toxicological Research and the other by Charles Rebert and Gordon Pryor of SRI International. Neither found any evidence of physical alteration in the brains of monkeys exposed to daily doses of pot for up to a year. Human studies of heavy users in Jamaica and Costa Rica found no evidence of abnormalities in brain physiology. Even though there is no evidence that pot causes permanent brain damage, users should be aware that persistent deficits in short-term memory have been noted in chronic, heavy marijuana smokers after 6 to 12 weeks of abstinence. It is worth noting that other drugs, including alcohol, are known to cause brain damage.

What else u gonna troll out as disinformation?
    You and jumbe a ~~~~ing pair of trolls?
    Boy reading that makes me feels a little safer. Lets spark up! Maybe you should read this: http://www.health.harvard.edu/mind-a...a-and-the-mind

I'm not against smoking pot but when people try to say its a cure for everything your just believing liberal propaganda. Oh by the way when does a Brit start believing a US government study.

Mr. DK DJ
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    623 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfpack View Post
    Ahh that explains a lot

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

Parliament debated the petition you signed – “Make the production, sale and use of cannabis legal.”
    Watch the debate: http://www.parliamentlive.tv/Event/I...2-902bf81ea208
    Read the transcript: http://www.publications.parliament.u...15101213000049
    The petition: https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/104349