Register
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts

Default Toyota MMT BIG problem

Good morning i need help from a good toyota expert , i bought a toyota corolla with MMT transmission
    and the clutch fried , after some time the car was on my garage a friend told , sell to me that .......
    and now the problem started !
    i detached the battery and changed the clutch , start the car ( from here all ok ) and a not good clutch
    release was the first symptom (the car before run good but the clutch slip from all gears but no errors
    on dash ) .
    So the intention was to make a adaption to the clutch actuator (like the smart) and with the diagnostic
    connected ,after the adaption the N on the dash disappeared OMG !!!!!!!!!! no more clutch no more
    gear actuator no more rpm over the idle , the strange is on the dash NO LIGHT ON but no N too .
    Now the car is a good ornament , and annoying to move .

1st question WHY THE N DISAPPEARED ?
    2nd how can i make the car run again ?

Please no answer to take some petrol and burn because i a big temptation !

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

These are a pain. What equipment are you using? The N disappeared because it lost the gearshift adaptions when you tried to learn the clutch. You now need to program the clutch and the gear shift actuator. Sounds easy but it isn't simple to get them to program.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts

Thanks for reply , i try some times to re learn but no more clutch or gear shift actuator move .
    The equipment for the 1st try was a texa axone 4 and then i tryed with a X431 and manually with the
    13 - 4 pin procedure but no luck !
    Now im lost with this stupid problem (take a look the car has no one error in all modules)
    Probably i wrong something but with the manual procedure no buzzer sound from car after the 7 foot
    brake depress ................. i think im too dumb for make this car run again !

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,645 Posts

First of all i suggest you to pull out your head from your ass... Cool down, it's a joke of course...
    I don't think there is a problem with the adaptation procedure, may be is a problem with mechanics (bad clutch, bad mounting...)
    Look again at the assembling. Inspect the connectors etc.
    Cheers!
    NO PASSWORDS FOR ANYONE, EXCEPT THE RECIPIENT OF THE FILE !!!
    If your PM box is full, clean it right now...
    Otherwise, your requested file will be deleted... for ever!

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts

Thanks for reply , (my head is there for concentration is the quite place i know ) after finish the reassembling the car was on the street for about
    5 / 6 km and good running but on start the clutch was like a 80 years man driving , so i make the adaption and now is the problem !
    i think i look for any kind of error or damage but the car was fine before the adaption

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    173 Posts

first time i see this so no comment but this is my 2cent to add
    http://www.blue-print.com/mmt/INF134...65_266_274.pdf

7. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jakesman For This Useful Post:

bobolin4o (22nd September, 2015), dariobmw (22nd September, 2015), furnata (20th March, 2018), kronk92 (6th January, 2017), MJRVR (22nd September, 2015)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

i just changed my clutch on my toyota yaris diesel MMT
    i know it s been quite a long time and i hope you managed to fix your problem
    Anyway... it was a real nightmare, and i had the N disapeared of the dashboard too .
    i ve first thought it was the actuator problem... so i dismantled it to clean it and add some grease ...
    but the problem was still there... so after lots a research ... i have tried lots of combination (i did it with a wire... not the computer tool)...
    even now i still dont know the exact procedure ...but i can assure you that your actuator and the MMT ECU are fine
    it is normal that the initialisation of mmt ecu make the N disappear.

First... i have extended the rod on the actuator (just dismantle the motor and use a screwdriver )
    then i loosed the 3 screw that fix the actuator on the gearbox.
    after that i have used the method that is meant for the toyota corolla... (which have one more step ... initialisation of transmission)
    then the N reappeared... but then the N was a flashing N
    and no gear was available.
    that s where i don't really know what i did... i think that i just switch off the car (when you switch off the car it seems that the actuator is set to adjust it self ...) and then tighten the 3 screw ,(or maybe i did another initialisation procedure ?) well i cant remember very clearly as i did it so many times with so much variations ... just try everything and do not loose hope

Hope this message will help other people that are trying to fix their mmt clutch as there isnt lots of info on this

9. The Following User Says Thank You to nono94 For This Useful Post:

ascotauto (30th August, 2018)

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    281 Posts

Default mmt toyota yaris

toyota yaris mmt
    toyota 89530-52160
    aisin 324811-11660
    and toyota 98530-52162 aisin 324811-11662
    learned dump works for 2 ecus
    ecu behind dash....
    free for all
    Attached Files Attached Files

11. The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to vasko For This Useful Post:

Aajii (22nd May, 2019), ascotauto (30th August, 2018), dziongas (13th September, 2016), erron (4th January, 2018), generalelect1 (11th January, 2019), gmardonesn (21st May, 2019), hguritr (22nd June, 2018), HONDA C (12th March, 2019), jodies auto (24th February, 2019), kismurmi (10th April, 2024), marcobh5 (11th March, 2022), Mezz_cro (24th January, 2024), MOBILTRONIC (25th June, 2023), mr G (6th December, 2019), neilpryde60 (2nd May, 2022), Nevidimia (17th January, 2019), niku001 (21st June, 2023), RUSLAUTOEL (25th January, 2023), SAMMAD67 (11th March, 2018), Stelaras (9th June, 2017), tamer1024 (16th January, 2019)

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    281 Posts

when eeprom in gearbox corrupted car run at idle...remove plugs start car and run perfect...
    tested many times

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I have the same problem tried the toyota corolla method and still cant get the n to reappear if anybodys got any ideas im all ears thanks

14. The Following User Says Thank You to dave44694 For This Useful Post:

Stelaras (9th June, 2017)

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    281 Posts

Default corolla mmt

for toyota corolla
    89530-12220
    100% work
    write dump and learn with launch or kts
    Attached Files Attached Files

16. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to vasko For This Useful Post:

ascotauto (30th August, 2018), cristiannitu (12th March, 2019), kamonyi (12th December, 2019), klonone (17th April, 2020), marcobh5 (11th March, 2022), mr G (6th December, 2019), niku001 (21st June, 2023), theundetaka (14th June, 2023), tony59 (14th February, 2023), Viliuxxx (24th January, 2024)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi Dariobmw,

I am having the same problem after changing clutch. No indicator on dash and only idle, no throttle response. Something went wrong during initialization.

Did you ever get your clutch fixed? If yes then how?

I looked at the nono94 method, but the corolla has a different actuator then the corolla (with two servo motors).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vasko View Post
    for toyota corolla
    89530-12220
    100% work
    write dump and learn with launch or kts
    Hi Vasko, Thanks for posting the dump, but how do I get it onto the MMT-ECU?
    I have a cheap chinese OBD-USB (cloon) cable. Can I acces the MMT with this cable and my laptop? What else would I need?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default eeprom succes, but initializaion failure

Quote Originally Posted by shailinb View Post
    Hi Vasko, Thanks for posting the dump, but how do I get it onto the MMT-ECU?
    I have a cheap chinese OBD-USB (cloon) cable. Can I acces the MMT with this cable and my laptop? What else would I need?
    Hi Vasko,

I Found someone who loaded the de EEprom onto the MMT-ECU. The "N" Reappeared. Great! Thanks for the eeprom, you are a genius.

Now I started initialization using the Bleu-print manual. The manual has 5 steps:
    1) Clamp position
    2) initialize MMT
    3) initialize clutch
    4) System learning
    5) position calibrating

I started with step 2) but already in this step the "N" disappeared again.
    So again EEprom loaded and "N" reappeared. Trying the put shift in gear (without initializing again) makes the "N" flash with red wheel light appearing.
    When I turn the car off and after 30 second on again the red light turns off and "N" is not flashing, but still will not go into gear. It will flash again. b.t.w. gas is in this fase responding.

All plugs etc. are ok. Also the U0100 - OBD code got solved when flashing eeprom.
    Now what to do?
    Could it be that I have to skip some steps of the initialization process. Perhaps loading eeprom is same as step 2) and shall I then start at step 3)? Nothing is happening when trying step 4).

Hope you can help with follow-up step. Thanks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

have same problem here. dump doesnot help. any ideas?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast