RGH issues- booting errors Resolution not supported/pixelated
Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default RGH issues- booting errors Resolution not supported/pixelated

Hi,

Wierd issue with my Slim RGH, Had it over a year no problem. Boot times were very good- booted up withing 40secs-60secs.

However last few weeks when booting up somtetimes it can take up to 10-20min , other times it'll boot up quick then go straight off displaying messages such as 'resolution not supported', or sometimes it'll boot up the screen wil get pixelated- the xbox light stays on.

A few times i'll have it booted up and i'll run a game, then 5min into the game screen will go blank but xbox light stays on.

When this happens i just power it off and on untill it starts working again. when it does work it stays on as if nothings wrong with it!. i've had it on 8hours at a time when working fine.

Normally i use it over the weekends only =- i would say probably 16hours a week. except hoildays when it'll be used all through

My gut feeling is telling me maybe the RGH glitch is wearing off? i hope not as i had it done from someone , don't think he is around anymore.

i also thought maybe it was hdmi cable or port but i tested that by swapping them with my other xbox.
    My tv is not the culprit as everything else is fine.

has anyone else ever encountered this ? example 1.jpgexample 2jpg.jpg

thanks
    Last edited by addy2011; 6th October, 2015 at 03:14 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello everyone,

Been doing some digging - and found out that my xbox maybe overheating and that the GPU may need to be reballed.

As i was trying to get prices i came across people who could do it but since it was an RGH they said no. So i was just going to buy new RGH and in th emeantime open this up and try and clean it up.

However last weekend i went into FSD settings and messed around with FAN speed settings- it was setto AUTO-which im told is correct setting. Still i changed it to 65% and tested xbox - it stayed on a little longer, but still turned off with same error. So then i increased the FAn speed to 75%, after this xbox started working fine. Its a little noisy but cant notice if ive got volume turned up. Now its been working fine , turns on within 30-50secs and plays fine like it did when i first got it.

I'm sure i still need to get it fixed properly but in th emeantime it looks like i may have solved the issue for now.

Just in case someone else has same issue and has no answers maybe they could try this.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    481 Posts

That's problem with video scaller, but can depend from GPU too.
    All brand FileService - Custom - remapping company
    POWER>DPF>EGR>KL>SCR>TVA>DTC's>Lambda>NOx>CustomSp ecialization -
    | Diesel | Bosch/Siemens SID/Denso/Delphi/Visteon/Phoenix

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CustomCars View Post
    That's problem with video scaller, but can depend from GPU too.
    Hi

Just an update, I've stopped gaming since xbox 1 came out, was contemplating the xbox 1 but since no hack available didnt bother. As for RGH , i was going to pass it on so decided to have a look at it. I ended up stripping it down and giving it a full clean and also Re-applied thermal paste - since then it has been working fine.
    Doubt it'll get much use but hey...