Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default dm500s channels going off when i change channel PLEASE HELP

hello guys ive got a dm500s had it for about 8 years and never had a problem until recent it lost the satellitle configiration settings i tryed installing different images still no joy took it apart and noticed a couple of dry joints on the tuner got the soldering iron out and resoldered all the connections worked perfect so i put jade pli image on it with 2.3.0 now it takes for ever to connect to the server and when it connects its perfect i have 94% snr and 96% agc and i have 80 to 100 meg broadband when i change channels it goes off and then takes ages to connect to the server again ive been with the same server for 2 years and never had a problem is there something i havent done correctly thanks in advance

sorry if not allowed to put this on here i havent read the rules for a few years so appoligise in advance please help before it meets the hammer and bin

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,742 Posts

I would say you really need to have a look at the Forum rules all 'Server' discussion is now a No-Go subject, as for the 500 you may have repaired the dry joint problem with the tuner but did you inspect all of the mainboard especially around the RJ45 jack.

8 years is a good run for DM500 perhaps its time for something new

3. The Following User Says Thank You to digicon For This Useful Post:

kevglady (6th October, 2015)