Register

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Default ford transit remote control problem

Hello friends
    I need your help
    I programmed a Ford Transit 2015 key, starting is ok but the centralized remote control does not work
    I tried turning the ignition on and off 8 times to hear the synchronization beep but nothing happens
    if anyone has an idea and thank you very much

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    257 Posts

These cars program the remote at the same time as the transponder during the key learn procedure, your key was not correct or you're attempting to program a keydiy/xhorse remote.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Spiritech For This Useful Post:

arif16 (8th April, 2024)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Thank you spiritech for your response
    I programmed the key with Autel can the vcm program the remote control?

V.I.P. Member

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,277 Posts

ideally you need an oem key and the remote will code in with the transponder and you wont have problems .

you can even use a 2nd hand oem key

6. The Following User Says Thank You to rapidlocksmiths For This Useful Post:

arif16 (8th April, 2024)

Top Poster

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

For 2015 Ford Transit (but not transit-connect) it is still ID4D chip and the remote is programmed separately, at least in North America, however, the on-board procedure is slightly different:
    Front row belts belted. All doors shut. Ignition off->on 4 times quickly, you should hear a beep, then press any button on all available remotes. Remove the key and wait about 10 seconds, then test the remotes.
    KeyDiy/xhorse remotes worked with all non-smartkey cars, old and new, given the right option selected.
    @Spiritech probably refers to "Transit-Connect" which are Fiat based (ID46), or newer vehicles with ID49 integrated remote-chip.
    Last edited by vov4ik; 11th April, 2024 at 04:17 AM.

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    997 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vov4ik View Post
    For 2015 Ford Transit (but not transit-connect) it is still ID4D chip and the remote is programmed separately, at least in North America, however, the on-board procedure is slightly different:
    Front row belts belted. All doors shut. Ignition off->on 4 times quickly, you should hear a beep, then press any button on all available remotes. Remove the key and wait about 10 seconds, then test the remotes.
    KeyDiy/xhorse remotes worked with all non-smartkey cars, old and new, given the right option selected.
    @Spiritech probably refers to "Transit-Connect" which are Fiat based (ID46), or newer vehicles with ID49 integrated remote-chip.
    Transit never was FIAT based at least in UK

Chip 4D83 on board - remote work straightaway after key programming as Rapid said need original key

on some early models is possible to program separate remote but this is very rare one on 20 maybe

Top Poster

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Manta1600 View Post
    Chip 4D83 on board - remote work straightaway after key programming as Rapid said need original key
    In original id4d keys in NA chip and remote are co-located, yet have to program remote separately. Every time. Have not had an exception yet. Only id49 gets remote programmed when key is learned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Poster

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Manta1600 View Post
    Transit never was FIAT based at least in UK
    Right, same here. Confused with dodge promaster, connect is 4d too, just tibbe. Need rest

V.I.P. Member

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,277 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vov4ik View Post
    In original id4d keys in NA chip and remote are co-located, yet have to program remote separately. Every time. Have not had an exception yet. Only id49 gets remote programmed when key is learned.

In america this may well be the case , but not everywhere is in america , uk and european models differ alot to usa models , transit custom 2012 to 2014 and some early 2015 transit will allow the manual procedure , there was then a security update to prevent this .

on uk european models the remote codes with the id83 transpnder on these when using oem key as manta said .

some tools can diagnosticly put these into manual programming mode using diag even on some later models .

on various forums and groups especially facebook groups i see good usa locksmiths giving advice to inexperienced people in europe , that if they follow the advice they will brick the vehicle , what is right for usa is not for elsewhere.

uk , europe and usa are very different systems even on same model
    Last edited by rapidlocksmiths; 11th April, 2024 at 02:32 PM.

Top Poster

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rapidlocksmiths View Post
    on various forums and groups especially facebook groups i see good usa locksmiths giving advice to inexperienced people in europe , that if they follow the advice they will brick the vehicle , what is right for usa is not for elsewhere.

uk , europe and usa are very different systems even on same model
    Do you have an actual example of a normal procedure for NA that will brick or break something in EU version for any vehicle? I have never heard of one yet. I would save it for imports if any…

Top Poster

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

Default ford transit remote control problem

I guess that statement was unbased. Anyway, made a short video on how this works on same system Ford I had a few days back (in NA). I normally program remote first to make sure it is not defective, and only then cut and deal with transponders. https://youtu.be/UJbuxle5Dt8

Last edited by vov4ik; Yesterday at 01:08 PM.

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Assuming that you are working on an early MK8 euro transit AND that the key you have added is an aftermarket clone (i.e NOT a BK2T with the usual TI 37F158LF inside).

In these early MK8s (UK 14-16, White OBD port), Ford made a configuration change in the BCM settings that disables the ability to add a remote by cycling the ignition. The routines are still there but a single flag in the BCM configuration prevents this.

Using Autel, if you select the "Ford - Europe - Transit - 2014-1016 Blade Key", you will only get Immobiliser(CAN) in the Control Unit settings.

If however you select "Ford - Asia - Transit - 2015-2019 Blade Key" , in the Control Unit settings you will get an additonal option of "Remote System(CAN)"

Select this and it will enable the single flag in your BCM settings that will allow you to cycle in after market remotes.