Thanked in
    1,576 Posts

Default Silca Futura token based

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    774 Posts

so they are doing far worse than they expected and what are they going to do offer a cheaper machine but have tokens?

suppose its a cleaver move depending on the prices.

V.I.P. Member

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,277 Posts

i guess its a move to offer silca products to those that buy cheaper brands or copy machines , but tokens are tokens and can work out expensive , alot depends on price .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

hi all ,anyone know prices yet.
    hometune

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    389 Posts

anybody reading this on UK google: market is already flooded with auto locksmiths - tough making money!
    I am a FUD

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to obdsystems For This Useful Post:

54321 (23rd October, 2015), Atex31 (23rd October, 2015), smokey08 (23rd October, 2015)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    90 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by obdsystems View Post
    anybody reading this on UK google: market is already flooded with auto locksmiths - tough making money!
    I had somebody ring me today, complaining about my 'expensive' quote and telling me what the job involved because they had read it on this forum

Its a shame because i think a lot of the top contributors to this forum will stop posting as much, probably valuable information will be shared via pm's or on alternative forums that are private.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to 54321 For This Useful Post:

Atex31 (23rd October, 2015), didi_du_93000 (23rd October, 2015), gepakg (23rd October, 2015), smokey08 (23rd October, 2015), Weasel3 (23rd October, 2015)

DK Veteran
    where men are men and women eat their babies
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    573 Posts

its already happening
    few have left for this reason

no one listen

10. The Following User Says Thank You to whiskeyman For This Useful Post:

Atex31 (23rd October, 2015)

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

I think is crazy there is no way you can have a token based key cutting machine, the process with tokens is suppose to be 1 successful job = 1 token, imagine your cutting a key but you have waffers missing, so you use insta and cutting tree? Going to be quite expensive or you cut a key but by mistake you done it on wrong remote and have to do another the possibilities are endless.
    It's a case of a Bentley and Fiat do exactly the same job, both still sell quite well due to the fact one is a luxury, in a work environment I don't require luxury's I require money. It's always going to be cost against gain.

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    774 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sparkz02 View Post
    I think is crazy there is no way you can have a token based key cutting machine, the process with tokens is suppose to be 1 successful job = 1 token, imagine your cutting a key but you have waffers missing, so you use insta and cutting tree? Going to be quite expensive or you cut a key but by mistake you done it on wrong remote and have to do another the possibilities are endless.
    It's a case of a Bentley and Fiat do exactly the same job, both still sell quite well due to the fact one is a luxury, in a work environment I don't require luxury's I require money. It's always going to be cost against gain.
    yes I can't see how it will work with prices;

if they sell the machine for a few grand they will have to charge big money per key, then they will just encourage people to buy a x6 etc and only use the silca when they have to, then they wont get a lot back in tokens.

if you only save a bit on the machine and cheap tokens just dont seem any point in it.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    628 Posts

Why silca don't just make a machine like the a5 with a big arse motor and charge a reasonable price for it is beyond me, they would sell like hot cakes.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Fallen For This Useful Post:

Automat (27th October, 2015)

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts

I have seen advertise to swap Condor or Miracle over to Futura Auto (+ pay money) but there is no info about any tokens?

V.I.P. Member

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,277 Posts

all looking at token options now , even keyline have stopped free updates and now want a £150 token for 12 months updates , they are all feeling the pinch from china machines and inventing new ways to get more revenue in , very poor show from keyline especially as they sold the ninja laser as free updates for life then changed their minds .