Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Saltire View Post
    I found IMGburn (freeware version 2.4.4.0), that worked and got me my ISO image you need to watch out though, if you ever use imgburn make sure its version 2.4.4.0 or earlier because if its one of the newer versions they are totally loaded with nightmare candy adware etc. (I guess certain programs work a bit different for each persons own setups cause some things recomended to me didnt work).

So anyways, I managed to get the usb stick with windows on now but I tried testing it and as soon as the windows install screen comes up to tell me to select which launguage i need its then I notice my frkin wireless keyboard and mouse doesnt work, argggggg nightmare man, one thing after another
    Anybody got a scooby what ye do in circumstances like this when your 'wireless' keyboard n mouse wont work when you try to clean/format install windows ? surely it cant mean that people all around the world have to use a corded set just to install windows, that sounds ridiculous, could be true though, I cant remember it happening before, everything in the bios that should be enabled is enabled, but then again, is it, maybe there is a sneaky wee setting in there that needs changed, I dont know, does anyone ?
    Last edited by Saltire; 6th December, 2015 at 05:47 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JoK View Post
    A would of thought that you need the drivers in there for yer wireless keyboard to work and as your installing fresh then thats not the case so you would prob need a wired keyboard.

I always keep a USB keyboard to hand and for non optical machines I have an old lappy DVD drive with an adapter to USB for this, I know its not much help with yer issue at the mo but may be worth buying a USB keyboard and getting an adapter for an old optical drive for the future if your going to be doing this again.

JoK
    aye man, true, I have got wired mooose and keyboard but I think they are in the loft, so will need to go for a rummage aboot, cheers

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

sorted man, well I think so, loL,I solved the issue, and I hope this may help others that find themselves in the same position too because going by all the reports about the same issue all over the internet there are thousands if not millions of people with same problem as stated.

How to fix easy = I went and bought a brand new samsung ?19.99 externall usb dvd writer drive this evening fae pc-world (ye can get them a couple of quid cheaper elsewhere though), plugged it in, stuck the windows install dvd in the drive, re-booted pc, then clicked the button to enter the bios, set it to boot from the new dvd drive with the windows disk inside, it worked and I got to use my wireless keyboard and mouse too, for the sake of 19.99 it was best idea I think anyway for saving a lot of problems maybe, I can only see if it works on my brand new system being built now, hope so, LOL, cant see why not but ya never know man, for now it was just tested on my current system to see how it went.
    Last edited by Saltire; 8th December, 2015 at 09:56 PM.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Saltire View Post
    sorted man, well I think so, loL,I solved the issue, and I hope this may help others that find themselves in the same position too because going by all the reports about the same issue all over the internet there are thousands if not millions of people with same problem as stated.

How to fix easy = I went and bought a brand new samsung ?19.99 externall usb dvd writer drive this evening fae pc-world (ye can get them a couple of quid cheaper elsewhere though), plugged it in, stuck the windows install dvd in the drive, re-booted pc, then clicked the button to enter the bios, set it to boot from the new dvd drive with the windows disk inside, it worked and I got to use my wireless keyboard and mouse too, for the sake of 19.99 it was best idea I think anyway for saving a lot of problems maybe, I can only see if it works on my brand new system being built now, hope so, LOL, cant see why not but ya never know man, for now it was just tested on my current system to see how it went.
    It is cheaper just to buy a usb keyboard, because they are very cheap as a standby

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12