Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Default Can i get Tivusat on a TM5300 D+ ?

Hi guys

Wondering if it is possible to receive the Italian tivusat stuff with the TM5300 D+ receiver?

If so, do i need a Tivusat card / card and cam?

Thanks!

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,742 Posts

There is no CI slot on the front of that particular receiver so no way of installing an official Cam/Card combination, I also believe you need a receiver with either a reader that can emulate CI+ or one with a CAM slot for the CI+ module something which is lacking from that receiver

3. The Following User Says Thank You to digicon For This Useful Post:

rudidudi (4th January, 2016)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Thanks digicon,

I didnt even realise and i assumed that it would have one, oops!

The TM5300 does have a smart card reader... but i cant see what this is compatible with in the specs (http://www.technomate.com/products/T...uper%252b.html) . Is there any chance an activated tivusat card would work in it?

I have a motorised dish, but i dont have any receiver or swith to drive the motor... Any recommendations on a receiver for tivusat that might do other things also?

For a stationery setup, i am quite liking the look of this Humax 5600s, what are your thoughts?
    http://www.amazon.it/Humax-Ricevitore-Satellitare-Digitale-TIvuSat/dp/B0050JMPD6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1451865224&sr=8-1&keywords=tivusat

Edit:
    The TM5402 HD M3 also looks like a nice bit of kit, thoughts? (http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...ydfbook-21#Ask)

Thanks for any help!
    Last edited by rudidudi; 4th January, 2016 at 07:57 PM.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,742 Posts

The Humax comes supplied with the card so you know its going to work, The 5402HD M3 has a CI slot and smart card reader but i think you need something which has CI+ to run the Tivu card.

The Technomate 5402M3 has a few more extra functions but if you need Tivu then that takes priority in what ever you purchase