Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Question DM500S Replacement

Hi Guys,

Few of my friends dm500s died after many many years of service, of course you cant sources these anymore.

Which box now a days come close to dm500s? there are so many different variants around...

The budget is ?35-40 max, not much but that's all they want to spend. They are only interested in watching TV so no special features are needed. Although autobouquet and epg would be nice with the image. I've been advised of Openbox V8S for ?34, is this any good?

I've only ever dealt with dm500/800 series....any advise who has experience of new boxes would be appreciated.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,742 Posts

just order in some more DM500s form china and stick with the commando image, personally i would never recommend any of the Skybox/Openbox receivers due to the amount of problems just take a look on the forum.

Next up your looking at the Zgemma S for around ?55

3. The Following User Says Thank You to digicon For This Useful Post:

del_piero_3 (21st February, 2016)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks Digicon for the reply. I asked 6 suppliers from china on AliExpress and also locals in UK and all said there's no more production or stock of them. That's the only reason I was looking at alternatives, I've not bought boxes in ages as dm500 and 800 series have been fantastic over the years, with excellent support, images and add-ons. I do prefer to stay with tried and tested....

If you know any suppliers that may hold stock of dm500s then please do let me know, many thanks.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

[QUOTE=del_piero_3;2711004]Thanks Digicon for the reply. I asked 6 suppliers from china on AliExpress and also locals in UK and all said there's no more production or stock of them. That's the only reason I was looking at alternatives, I've not bought boxes in ages as dm500 and 800 series have been fantastic over the years, with excellent support, images and add-ons. I do prefer to stay with tried and tested....

If you know any suppliers that may hold stock of dm500s then please do let me know, many thanks.[/QUOTE

(Click Here)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to 00360362878 For This Useful Post:

del_piero_3 (24th February, 2016)