VMware Fusion 8.1 Running Windows 7 32bit
Register
    Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Default VMware Fusion 8.1 Running Windows 7 32bit

Hey guys, new to the forum here for the garage mainly but didnt realise the forum had so much to offer.

so as the title is my set up on a macbook pro, mainly for all my automotive software etc
    all seems to run on 32bit which isn't a bother

just wondered if anyone else had this set up?
    there are lots of little niggles that annoy the hell out of me

like every time i run my vm from suspend, i have to reset the clock, also have to restart a few programs

also my biggest thing is indexing an external drive. so i have a 200gb sandisk SD card which is almost as big as my hard drive. ive got a little app to help my search for files etc but its just not the same as start menu search bar!

its not a licensed copy of vmware, anyone up to date? is there much difference to streamlining the workings of this?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to imjamesy For This Useful Post:

PHIL 34 (27th March, 2018)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

hi, i use a lot fusion with win 7 , win 10 64 bits with mac 8 gb ram and 256 flash disk.

performance is awesome.

if you want to use an external disk, i recommend you a thunderbolt disk or usb 3.1
    Admin of Audi Forum Argentina.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

thank for your job bro

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

im using parallels desktop on MacBook Pro 2015, its fantastic. I am using 3 operating systems at the same time,and everything works great and fast, incomparably good with vmware. Sharing files between mac os and windows also sensational where on vmware I had a problem to connect the flash drive to the machine. It's not free software, but there are ways to unlock this application for free, but unfortunately I can't publicly share it here because of forum rules.I recommend trying parallels desktop, if you like it, write me a private message and I'll tell you what to do to use it for free.
    I use windows 7 32bit, windows 10 64bit and mac os, and it is a computer mainly for the workshop, I do diagnostics, chiptuning and everything possible through it.
    The only problem is that some applications are not compatible with virtual machines, some can still be run by erasing the name of the bios or graphics card in the system registers, but for the other part I have not found a solution yet.
    Drifter in E46 M52Turbo 506hpHP <3

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Hi, i am very interested in using parallels. Could you please help me on that?