Hello.

I think everybody knows that if you want to get rid of DPF, you need to get a custom tune. A bit of research shows that this might not be needed in all cases. There exists a theoretical ability to disable the DPF using VCDS. In fact, this thing does nothing for the power of your car, nor should affect the default map; it will only disable the active regen cycles. Obviously the DPF filter itself will need to be removed/destroyed/smashed out. The Catalytic converter can stay in place.

I will not post any procedures or guidance on how to do that simply because many people will start experimenting with it and risk messing up the emissions equipment. This has NOT been tested on a single car and is just a theory.

At this point I need a volunteer with Euro-spec TDI (2010+) who are removing their DPF and considering a retune for achieving this. The procedure might be the last effort to get away without the need to get a custom tune. If you have an Euro-spec TDI and consider a delete send me a private message. Once we confirm this is working, I will post the exact instructions on how to do this for everyone.

Once again - this applies ONLY TO EURO-SPEC TDI and this HAS NOT BEEN TESETED in practice to actually work.