Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default V8S epg problems

Afternoon guys

So I've just got the open box v8s, added the xml epg and you guessed it it's an hour out.

If I try and upgrade firmware I'm getting hardware mismatch, can upgrade via network and selected the firmware at top of list, assuming it installed and box reset but still not right. Set to GMT +0.00 and summertime on although changing it doesn't fix it.

It was 12.10 earlier when I was trying to get it to work and it was saying a film was due to start at 12.35 but in fact it started at 13.35.

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

m8, xml has some kind of bug which has not been fixed to date, I try every so often but its always an hour out so I just stick with the sly epg its not much good but better than nothing..........c

A LITTLE THANX GOES A LONG WAY

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by chris31560 View Post
    m8, xml has some kind of bug which has not been fixed to date, I try every so often but its always an hour out so I just stick with the sly epg its not much good but better than nothing..........c
    Thought that may be the case, think i'm gonna buy the zgamma box, cheers buddy

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tommyboy1289 View Post
    Afternoon guys

So I've just got the open box v8s, added the xml epg and you guessed it it's an hour out.

If I try and upgrade firmware I'm getting hardware mismatch, can upgrade via network and selected the firmware at top of list, assuming it installed and box reset but still not right. Set to GMT +0.00 and summertime on although changing it doesn't fix it.

It was 12.10 earlier when I was trying to get it to work and it was saying a film was due to start at 12.35 but in fact it started at 13.35.

Anyone got any ideas?

Just set the xmltv too utc +00 and turn summer time off then it will actully show you whats on now and the rest of the day but it will be still 1 hour out acually but will actually show you the right program details.

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

It will also put itself rightby the end of october anyway.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

hi my openbox v8s will not update epg tryed diffrent usb sizes update f/w and no luck it say starting updae does not move off 0% and then says download channels failed has anyone had this happen if so how did you fix it thanks in advance

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by portvalefanjosh View Post
    Just set the xmltv too utc +00 and turn summer time off then it will actully show you whats on now and the rest of the day but it will be still 1 hour out acually but will actually show you the right program details.
    m8, I tryed that it still does not show the correct wots on now and next, the now and next is wrong, the only time this will get sorted is when bst ends......................c

A LITTLE THANX GOES A LONG WAY

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by chris31560 View Post
    m8, I tryed that it still does not show the correct wots on now and next, the now and next is wrong, the only time this will get sorted is when bst ends......................c
    It works fine for me and everyone else yes its still the wrong time but it shows you all today and tomorrow as well.And whats on atm.