Jurgen Klopp says Liverpool must use the 'power' of Anfield crowd against Leicester
Register
    Complete Pish DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Default Jurgen Klopp says Liverpool must use the 'power' of Anfield crowd against Leicester

Jurgen Klopp says Liverpool should use the "power" of 8,000 extra Reds supporters when they face Premier League champions Leicester on Saturday.
    Liverpool are set to play their first home game of the season following the expansion of Anfield's main stand.
    The iconic stadium now has a capacity of 54,074, up from last season's 45,362, and Klopp is hoping to capitalise on that extra support when Claudio Ranieri's side visit this weekend.

The Reds face Premier League champions Leicester at Anfield

"It's really impressive, an outstanding job. I have no idea how somebody could do something like this. It's really amazing," Klopp said.
    "They are a good opponent, but I would say now it is another season and our first home game with 8,000 more in the stadium. It's more power, we should use this."
    Liverpool have started the new Premier League season in unpredictable fashion, opening their campaign with a 4-3 victory over Arsenal at the Emirates before slipping to a 2-0 defeat at newly-promoted Burnley.

The iconic stadium has been expanded to hold a capacity of 54,074 fans

Liverpool bounced back to beat Burton 5-0 in the EFL Cup before sharing the spoils in a 1-1 draw with Spurs at White Hart Lane.
    But despite his side's mixed fortunes, Klopp is happy with the start to the campaign, especially considering all four games have been away from home.
    "A lot of things happened," he said. "If you mix our games up, the first three or four, you can say you can lose at Arsenal and Tottenham, should not lose at Burnley, we could still have four points. It doesn't feel good but it's not too bad.

Anfield's main stand has been expanded to hold over 8,000 more supporters

"We are the only team with three away games, we should not think about it but now we have a home game and it's a wonderful opportunity for us."
    Saturday's opponents, Leicester, will be looking to replicate the performance of Burnley, who used an effective counter-attack to defeat Klopp's side at Turf Moor, despite having less than 20 per cent possession in the match.
    Liverpool rarely threatened to break down the Clarets that afternoon, but Klopp expects his attacking players to be far more potent with the backing of the Anfield crowd.
    "I don't think we will have 80 percent of the ball - but if it is like this we will be better because we are three or four weeks on from the Burnley situation," he said.
    "Their one big strength is the counter attack. Very direct, it is clear where the ball will come down. You have to prepare for this. They don't defend that deep. Burnley would love to play like Leicester I'm sure. One of their biggest qualities is that they stick to the plan."

Klopp is happy with his side's start to the Premier League campaign

Klopp confirmed Emre Can and Ragnar Klavan remain side-lined through injury, while Mamadou Sakho is unlikely to feature as he continues to work his way back into the former Borussia Dortmund manager's plans.
    "He [Sakho] didn't play football for a long time, he needs to play football. That's difficult here because the other players are fit," Klopp said.

Mamadou Sakho is unlikely to feature for the Reds following a turbulent pre-season

"We had to speak about it before the window closes - that's what I did. I'm not silly enough to forget good performances."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I love Klopp, what a great character! I still think Liverpool will be inconsistent this season though, as they've shown in the couple of games so far...