Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default VPN Setup For Internet Gaming

Hello,
    My cousin & i live 35KM away & we wanna play games with each other besides over the games internet options.

I've heard about a VPN & it sounds perfect. The only problem is that i have no idea how to set one up!

I searched my query on google & found some guides by PureVPN to setup VPN on windows, XBox, apple tv, ps4 etc.

But the question is do i require extra hardware? I'm running vista and my friend is running xp, there is also a friend who wants to join us & he is running xp.

Any help would be highly appreciated!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

OpenVPN should help you,

Websitepenvpn.net

OpenVPN is an open-source software application that implements virtual private network techniques for creating secure point-to-point or site-to-site connections in routed or bridged configurations and remote access facilities.

Developer(s): OpenVPN project / OpenVPN Technologies, Inc.

Initial release: 0.90 / May 13, 2001

Written in: C

Platform: Windows (XP or later), OS X (10.8 or later), Android (4.0 or later), iOS (6.0 or later), Linux, BSD

Type: VPN

License: GNU GPL

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You dont require extra hardware get purevpn its relatively cheap or other vpn for gaming and you will be good. i dont know if you will have good ping with vpn..

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,622 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ateall View Post
    I downloaded on my Xbox several games including Rocket League, and I searched everywhere where it would be more convenient to buy different additional items for it. Rocket league prices are different depending on the sites and it would be better to find a cheap place to get some car wheels that I need.
    Did you try G2A ? Cheaper than steam and the likes.
    HaynesPro online + 2022.02a version available, message for where to get it!

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    91 Posts

zen is best for gaming ...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I think you need to choose another VPN that is the most suitable for gaming. In my case, I was serious about this issue. I was looking for the best VPN, which will not affect the ping. And for me, it was important not to resort to the help of additional equipment. My goal was to find Best VPN for privacy And I did it. I found something that suited me. All works great. I am happy. So look, you can found everything if you want to. And I wish us to achieve the desired and cool to play with friends.)
    Last edited by Bainarc; 15th July, 2021 at 05:19 PM.