Register
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Tried advisor today with Nexiq on 9750 STS combine with 9 pin deutsch connecter in cab looked like it was trying to connect but then failed.Was 2 pins missing in connecter I think we need pinout of john deere edl to compare with nexiq.col
    Last edited by colh; 15th November, 2010 at 09:09 AM. Reason: mistake

Top Poster +
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by colh View Post
    Tried advisor today with Nexiq on 9750 STS combine with 9 pin deutsch connecter in cab looked like it was trying to connect but then failed.Was 2 pins missing in connecter I think we need pinout of john deere edl to compare with nexiq.col

YES FRIEND COHL nexiq dont have complete pinouts of original EDL...

need buy a EDL

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dieselequipos View Post
    YES FRIEND COHL nexiq dont have complete pinouts of original EDL...

need buy a EDL
    Thanks dieselequipos I think you confirm our worse fear.Can you use EDL with Nexiq y deutsch plug adapter to do other programs.Regrds col

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

is it just the lead with the duesch plug on it thats missing two pin outs, so if you could get your hands on a jd lead would it work or is it not that simple?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Default John Deere With Nexiq?

I wish you're wrong colh... Anyway I will continue looking for a pinout for my nexiq connection (I already bought one), but didn't try on a JD engine...
    Let see what protocols support Nexiq and What protocol uses JD to work.

I saw somewhere a picture of a Nexiq USB Link working on a John Deere Vehicle... that's why I downloaded the software for JD.

Regards.
    Last edited by sca.net; 17th November, 2010 at 06:39 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sca.net View Post
    I wish you're wrong colh... Anyway I will continue looking for a pinout for my nexiq connection (I already bought one), but didn't try on a JD engine...
    Let see what protocols support Nexiq and What protocol uses JD to work.

I saw somewhere a picture of a Nexiq USB Link working on a John Deere Vehicle... that's why I downloaded the software for JD.

Regards.
    If you can find machine with 9 pin deutsch connector try it because I have had information since last post that it could still be possible and otherwise it might only need different JD cable on Nexiq to work.They sure look the same as edl and protocols are the same it may only be one pin different in lead.I know that Cummins Inline 2 works perfectly with CNH EST all engines and controllers[It looks just like case dearborn adapter only different decal] as long as you have correct cables for some applications so anything is possible.col
    Last edited by colh; 17th November, 2010 at 10:01 AM. Reason: more info

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    75 Posts

Ive working in JD..with original adapter nexiq magic key..that was dealer have ...and I try with dearborn dpa4 plus adapter..with service advisor cant ..I think for drivers or something....jd I ve test with dearborn test..is a litle tool inside of drivers cd..in backhoe loaders and moto griders..works with j1939...also Ive done some test like delete fault codes ...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hercamp View Post
    Ive working in JD..with original adapter nexiq magic key..that was dealer have ...and I try with dearborn dpa4 plus adapter..with service advisor cant ..I think for drivers or something....jd I ve test with dearborn test..is a litle tool inside of drivers cd..in backhoe loaders and moto griders..works with j1939...also Ive done some test like delete fault codes ...
    I am sorry hercamp but I think you are saying that you can use DPA4 dearborn with JD is that right and if so can you use magikey cables with dearborn adapter are pin outs the same betwen these two adapters.Sorry about all the questions.
    Kind Regards col

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    75 Posts

yeah..some of that...I mean jd..works with j1939.
    and I teste with dpa 4 plus ...
    nexiq magicK is the original tool of jd service advisor..and has same pinout of dpa or usb link...problem to connec with usb link is a regkey..I think..because S advisor try to connect with serial port comm and doesnt give usb port option.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

nexiq magicK is the original tool of jd service advisor..and has same pinout of dpa or usb link...problem to connec with usb link is a regkey..I think..because S advisor try to connect with serial port comm and doesnt give usb port option.
    Thanks Hercamp
    With PDA and later EDL USB drivers in Service Advisor they should work Nexiq USB Link on j1939 but in adapter selection on service advisor there is many j1939 choices can 1,125,250,500 and can 2,125,250,500,am not sure what it should use.Regards col

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

can you preform live calibrations and look at live data like rail pressures and change input values? magic key will work with jd 30series tractors but wont talk to the ecu, too many controllers for it to talk too. any info would be greatfull

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

thank`s!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wap069 View Post
    can you preform live calibrations and look at live data like rail pressures and change input values? magic key will work with jd 30series tractors but wont talk to the ecu, too many controllers for it to talk too. any info would be greatfull
    PF-Diagnose no advertising !!! will connect to John Deere, read all modules including ECM, display Live data and fault codes, you can erase codes, works with Nexiq or DPA adapters as well as others. Another option to get just fault codes is the Fault code reader that comes with insite
    Last edited by gmb45; 25th January, 2012 at 04:59 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DonL View Post
    PF-Diagnose www.pocketfleetdiagnosticsolutions.com will connect to John Deere, read all modules including ECM, display Live data and fault codes, you can erase codes, works with Nexiq or DPA adapters as well as others. Another option to get just fault codes is the Fault code reader that comes with insite
    what about live calibrations of hydraulics/transmission/vgt turbo/egr valve/tls and input values for the electronic inj which is now needed for 30 series tractors. this is my main problem, i can do tls/hydraulics/trans calibrations on premium tractors through the dti but with standard/se tractors im screwed. any light on this would be cool.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wap069 View Post
    what about live calibrations of hydraulics/transmission/vgt turbo/egr valve/tls and input values for the electronic inj which is now needed for 30 series tractors. this is my main problem, i can do tls/hydraulics/trans calibrations on premium tractors through the dti but with standard/se tractors im screwed. any light on this would be cool.
    PF-Diagnose will read live data and diaplay or erase fault codes, it will not recalibrate, or write parameters, for that you need the appropriate version of Service Advisor.

I am not aware of any third party tool that can do what you require.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast