Carprog v.9.31 failing to connect to Opel ECUs
Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Default Carprog v.9.31 failing to connect to Opel ECUs

Hey all, I recently bought Carprog v9.31 and seem to having some trouble getting it to connect to any vauxhall/opel ecu. I am wanting to connect to a 2003 Opel Corsa C Z10XE Bosch ME 1.5.5 and also an Opel Astra H Z14XEP Bosch ME 7.6.1/2 using the A1 adapter. I get "No response from ECU" every time. Not sure if this process needs to be carried out via obd or benched.

As my carprog version is a clone afaik. sn 081105CAR0017731. I expected there to be a few teething problems but I am fully prepared to carry out any fixes/repairs or modifications necessary to rectify this issue (if it's possible).

I have been doing some exhaustive research on multiple sites/forums such as this one & a few others of similar content. I've learned that there are a few modifications to both the carprog main unit and the A1 adapter that could/should be carried out but I am somewhat confused on which mods I should carry out.

I'm attempting to find the security pin from the Corsa C which I understand is stored in the eprom within the instrument cluster (no car pass available obviously) and also I need to read the pin from the Astra H to be able to replace the current ECU with a replacement via resetting & programming via Opcom. I have tried using Opcom to read the pin on the Corsa but to no avail. I understand that Opcom with the FW1.39 is supposedly capable of this but mine is 1.45 & with it being a clone I'm not 100% positive it can be downgraded to 1.39 successfuly to work with 100219a software which is supposed to read the instrument in Corsa C.

If anyone can point me in the right direction I'd be eternally grateful.

I have found these on my internet travels:

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums...el-hybrid-read (not sure if this is related to my issue)

http://www.filedropper.com/improtant...modifications1 (pdf file)

These are the pictures of my carprog board and A1 adapter respectively:

20161120_130602.jpg20161120_120650.jpg

Apologies for the extensive post but I wanted to include as much information as possible, thanks in advance!
    Last edited by Haed; 22nd November, 2016 at 04:41 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

I think your first job should be making the A9 test adapter, The A1 cable looks pretty decent !! And your carprog is on the 4.01 firmware its suggested that needs upgrading to 4.74 firmware for the A1 cable to work via can so i have read ..
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by shifty01; 21st November, 2016 at 12:28 PM.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shifty01 For This Useful Post:

Haed (21st November, 2016), honingkoning (9th May, 2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Thanks shifty, I'll go locate the components to make the A9 tester today. I assume upgrading the firmware on this version is tried & tested? I only ask as I've heard it could damage the MCU.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I've made the A9 adapter:

20161121_160815.jpg20161121_160709.jpg20161121_163221.jpg

I carried out the hardware test and got this result:

20161121_164330.jpg

Would my next move be to upgrade the FW to 4.74?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Their is lots of info on here about it, I would say its pretty well tried and tested.
    I haven't actually upgraded mine yet though still on 4.01, I only got the carprog to deal with a airbag unit, Took me a while to get it working, But messing about I have read the pin from a Delco ecu from a 1.7 tdi on the bench via k line !!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

WoW yours worked straight away !! AMAZING ....
    The one i got was all over the place..
    So now thats working you should be able to read the pin from ecu K line on the bench !!
    I used th C10 female cable OBD, To rig up the ECU on the bench / Kitchen table .. Your A9 test looks smart ..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Cheers shifty, I'll pull the ecu's from the 2 cars tomorrow & try getting them rigged up on the bench. I take it they can't be read via obd or is that where the FW upgrade comes into play?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Im not sure, I still have no can communication with my A1 cable on any car, The K line works fine via odb for functions that use kline .. For example a 2003 c-max i plugged it into it would have let me alter the mileage. I done pretty much everything to the A1 cable yet still no can communication. I have read alot about Carprog on various forums and believe that with fw 4.01 can communication is unreliable if it works at all. So my next step is a firmware upgrade, But my eyes arent what they used to be i need to pick up one of them magnifying thingys with the light in to lift the pin on the ARM ic .. Maybe il grab one tomorrow upgrade the FW and let you know the results !!
    I cant tell you about reading of them ECU's in the car as i never had the opportunity to try my carprog on those cars via odb, I just happened to have that Delco ecu sitting about and thought i would play about, Connecting them up on the bench is easy enough anyway!

Good luck ...

10. The Following User Says Thank You to shifty01 For This Useful Post:

Haed (21st November, 2016)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Im adding some more pictures to assist you with the connections, The cables you get with these need to be pinned out with a multi meter,

So on my C1 red = +12, Black = gnd. Orange was K Line, I added more terminals to the black and red wires that didnt have the crocodile attached and left the brown and yellow wires off as i know my can doesnt work ..

The pin marked on the C1 socket is the k line pin incase your wires are different color's
    Attached Images Attached Images

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shifty01 For This Useful Post:

Haed (22nd November, 2016), thayer201 (25th March, 2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Nice one mate, appreciate it. I'll get the multimeter out and confirm the pinouts and see how I get on. Trial & error and fault finding exercises are driving me insane atm, but sure keeps my brain active , I love a challenge..
    Last edited by Haed; 22nd November, 2016 at 04:39 PM.