URGENT HELP NEEDED dm800hd no ca found
Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default URGENT HELP NEEDED dm800hd no ca found

Hi all if someone could help me out with my "no ca found" issue on my DM800hd pvr i would be eternally great full. basically whats happened is, i came home about a week ago and i was informed by my wife the electric had gone off during the day and when she has switched it back on the dreambox wouldnt work (stuck on the boot screen) ok i thought needs the image reflashing, so rebooted the box with the stop button in and logged in via the web. stupidl i though hey why not try a new image and jumped on here and grabbed an open PLI one went through the motions and boom i get the dreaded "No CA Found" error now

again i thought ok no big deal i'll get the RS232 null modem lead out (all be it a null to usb one ) and sort this out, low and behold couldnt get windows 10 to get the correct driver blar blar blar any who i went to work grabbed an old XP desktop with a proper serial port on the back and new null modem lead happy days i thought i'll get back download dream up and connect to the box and flash away OH NO YOU WONT

i just can no for the life of me get this box to connect to the computer, i have tried the enforcer tool and that gives me an error that the file is too big when its only 147kb or something really small

if someone could help me through this i will be forever great full

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    77 Posts

What is the image you installed and for which type of Sim it was ? If it was for a clone, then best would be to get a Sim Japhar that does all the images Japhar, Sim2 2.01, Sim2 2.10 and Ferrari, so you are mostly sure just replacing the sim it will work again and with the new image too.

TS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi Toysoft,

thanks for the reply, i was an image from one of your posts but like an idiot i didn't think before flashing it. the box is a clone and the sim inside the box just says DM800 sim210 12319 and nothing else its plain white.

if all i need to do is replace the sim then that's perfect but where do i buy japhar sim from and how much are they???

on another note i was messing around with it for a few hours last night and still got nowhere but i did try and boot it without the sim in it and it just said error and not th no ca found which suggests to me that the sim is goosed. would this also effect the comms to the box as nothing i seem to try will connect ??

thanks again for your reply

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    77 Posts

I send you a PM, so you can have the link as requested.

Yes, your box is a DM800HDpvr with Sim2 2.10, easy fix is to get the Universal Sim SuperSim3 Japhar NC3, otherwise you would need to get the cable + JapharFlasher to try to restore the bootloader but always risk to end up with the NO CA ERROR again.

TS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

As toysoft said the easiest solution is to buy a japhar sim and you wont have any more issues with any image you can flash whatever you want but you can always try to fix the error with optiflasher if you want to keep your sim usually that error means that you flashed a wrong image for your boot ssl i got that loads of times trying to test images on my Estarbox ES800HD se (estarim v3) if you r box has is one of the lucky ones who has the mini flashup button in the back u just have to connect it to a router and flash a proper image through a browser i recomend a older version of firefox and ur good to go if doesnt have the mini flashup just use optiflasher with a ethernet cable connected to the pc plus the service micro usb cable you should be able to recover from that through serial flash mode (advanced mode 2)
    Last edited by xapim; 30th January, 2017 at 01:25 PM.