Register
Page 137 of 225 FirstFirst ... 3787127132133134135136137138139140141142147187 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,055 of 3369

Thread: LONSDOR K518

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    526 Posts

Well... after one year probably there will be another tool from OBDSTAR and this one will have it's support canceled and will be blocked from updating. So I consider it free for lifetime

2. The Following User Says Thank You to autoTkey For This Useful Post:

super jumbe (14th November, 2019)

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,091 Posts

Look I rather pay more for the tool to work then buy tools which partially work and don’t have to pay nothing, I just charge extra to customers to pay for updates as long as the tool does the job I am happy to pay, cheap Chinese tools have come long way for perfection and they are working on them hard and they are dead cheap compare with ZEDFULL and others.
    Tools owned: Hammer, Chisel, Crowbar, Punch, Chainsaw, Cutter and Brain!!!

Did you know People will question all the good things they hear about you but believe all the bad without a second thought.

Note:
    All information given is to be used for educational purposes only and should not be taken seriously.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    628 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by autoTkey View Post
    I would go for the OBDStar X300 tablet (coverage is pretty close to that of LonSDSor and updates are free ...for now) or wait for Xhorse to release their mysterious new tablet which is almost a chimera already.
    I second this, OBDstar and Lonsdore have pretty much the same coverage except OBDstar's subscription rate is reasonable.
    They also are not making previously free cars now payable.

If you haven't updated your Lonsdore recently, I wouldn't.

Shonky as fark.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Fallen For This Useful Post:

Weasel3 (6th November, 2019)

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

Iveco daily IV 2010 pin read add key failed
    Iveco daily VI 2014 pin read add key failed
    Opel vivaro 2017 add key failed both system

Contacted Lonsdor they updated programming but after updating programming keys or pin read still failed.

is there any programmer that can do iveco daily via OBD? Or is this eeprom only i especially want to now for the newer Iveco daily VI 2014+ and if it's possible to make a remote key for it, I've had no luck with these as of yet.

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    526 Posts

I thought Iveco Daily is same like Fiat Ducato. Did you try to connect under Fiat menu? Some BSI units can have eeprom extracted by OBD2 with AVDI - actually most of them.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,577 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Staafonline View Post
    Opel vivaro 2017 add key failed both system

Contacted Lonsdor they updated programming but after updating programming keys or pin read still failed.
    So it's still a lotto. I remember you did with success Vivaro 4A 2015 with Lonsdor before. Fortunately it just doesn't work and don't messing anything because it's always a risk dealing with them

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by autoTkey View Post
    I thought Iveco Daily is same like Fiat Ducato. Did you try to connect under Fiat menu? Some BSI units can have eeprom extracted by OBD2 with AVDI - actually most of them.
    yes but with Lonsdor it doesnt seem to be able to communicate properly ill try avdi again see if it works with iveco daily 6

Quote Originally Posted by p1et View Post
    So it's still a lotto. I remember you did with success Vivaro 4A 2015 with Lonsdor before. Fortunately it just doesn't work and don't messing anything because it's always a risk dealing with them
    yes, i guess something changed in the software after 2015 or 2016 it did't even wanted to read the flash. so no problems.

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    616 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by conbee70 View Post
    It's a joke mate. It's like I bought a car and a year later the dealership comes and remove the wheels and insist I must pay an extortionate amount of money get them back. Luckily I have other cars so I can scrap that one. They want to charge you for something the Skp 900 has been doing for free ever since �� what are they smoking in China??
    They smoke same think as in Bulgaria..difference is in Bulgaria they smoke a lot compared to China

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
    Auto Locksmith,Tuning,Dpf Removal,Dtc Removal,Immo Removal,Ecu Adaptation,Crash Data-Clear.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gttuning For This Useful Post:

honda1200 (9th May, 2020), PocketHero (8th November, 2019)

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

Dacia Sandero 2 2014 Pin read ok add original key ok but it wont program new spare key.

i have transponderkey with pcf7939MA 4A AES chip it keeps saying programming ok, but key count still 1 does this chip need precode?

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Staafonline For This Useful Post:

p1et (8th November, 2019)

Top Poster +

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Let's face it - they sell you tool for $800 (or whatever it is today) which is absolutely useless (free coverage way less than SKP900 after all latest "free updates"). And THEN they will RENT you some more coding for a year (removing all extra cars when rent is over) for $800. So for $1600 they let you use their tool for a year. Just WOW. I'm pretty sure they were thinking they found "good" way to rip customers off. But at the end it just looks miserable. XTool (NA division) was trying to do similar thing with their AutoProPad, but I guess after they started losing customers they changed their policy and wording on websites - now after 1 year of FREE updates you either pay for one more year of updates, or keep whatever software was already installed and updated, nothing gets deactivated. At least this is how it looks, if someone knows otherwise please let me know. So if I buy AutoProPad Basic today for $800, I will get tool which has all current software and WILL HAVE current software 1 year from now, and that software WILL NOT expire. So I'm actually buying, not renting. And guess what? While update is $600 per year, I might as well buy another AutoProPad with one more year free updates, and sell old one (with still current software!), it will be worth more than $200 anyway! Actually, this is what I most likely will do.

This is current wording on one of websites selling AutoProPad:

"What happens when my subscription ends? Your AutoProPAD BASIC includes a free year of unlimited updates. When your subscription ends, you can continue to use your unit like normal, but any new updates will not be available to download. Also, please note that on-the-vehicle technical support is only available to users with an active subscription."
    Last edited by ranchero; 12th November, 2019 at 09:34 PM.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to ranchero For This Useful Post:

kostat (12th November, 2019)

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

Dacia Sandero 2 2014 Pin read ok add original key ok but it wont program new spare key.

i have transponderkey with pcf7939MA 4A AES chip it keeps saying programming ok, but key count still 1 does this chip need precode?
    Update on the on the sandero 2 2014
    I have given up trying to make a spare key and tried new remote and that worked fine so. No spare only remotekey possible to add.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Staafonline For This Useful Post:

p1et (13th November, 2019)

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ranchero View Post
    Let's face it - they sell you tool for $800 (or whatever it is today) which is absolutely useless (free coverage way less than SKP900 after all latest "free updates"). And THEN they will RENT you some more coding for a year (removing all extra cars when rent is over) for $800. So for $1600 they let you use their tool for a year...
    ...Also, please note that on-the-vehicle technical support is only available to users with an active subscription."
    This discussion already happened 30 pages ago if you dont like their product dont buy it or the fee. these policies are almost always done by companies that are looking to get more revenue from their products like in app purchases, but I digress.
    I would like to see more post about what works and doesn't work for the K518ISE.
    Oh and Ranchero you are talking about 2 different K518 models the K518S and the K518ISE both have totally different subscription fee's. I know it gets confusing. But if you are referring about 1 model and showing subscription fee's for a different model your argument becomes invalid. For now this machine has helped me out where some other machines couldn't so I'm ok with it for now. Yeah there are bugs here and there but which machine doesn't have bugs. So we will see in the future which direction the company goes.

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ranchero View Post
    Let's face it - they sell you tool for $800 (or whatever it is today) which is absolutely useless (free coverage way less than SKP900 after all latest "free updates"). And THEN they will RENT you some more coding for a year (removing all extra cars when rent is over) for $800. So for $1600 they let you use their tool for a year...
    ...Also, please note that on-the-vehicle technical support is only available to users with an active subscription."
    This discussion already happened 30 pages ago if you dont like their product dont buy it or the fee. these policies are almost always done by companies that are looking to get more revenue from their products like in app purchases, but I digress.
    I would like to see more post about what works and doesn't work for the K518ISE.
    Oh and Ranchero you are talking about 2 different K518 models the K518S and the K518ISE both have totally different subscription fee's. I know it gets confusing. But if you are referring about 1 model and showing subscription fee's for a different model your argument becomes invalid. For now this machine has helped me out where some other machines couldn't so I'm ok with it for now. Yeah there are bugs here and there but which machine doesn't have bugs. So we will see in the future which direction the company goes.

Top Poster +

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

You see - when I bought it, they were telling different things. There's NO WAY locking menus/cars which previously were free can be called "fair" or "normal".
    They still insist they didn't lock any previously free menus, but it's simply not true. I remember some Ford smart keys were available, now NONE, other people here stating they previously were able to program other models, now can't.
    I will see if they at least will fix it for me (as I mentioned earlier - it's bricked now, on the way to China), and then - I will sell it, bye-bye Lonsdor, no Lonsdor products EVER again in my life.
    For example, when XHorse messed with their Key Tool - made firmware "global" and as result few cars disappeared from remote menu, they at least helped me to roll back firmware to the version I wanted, and that problem was created unintentionally in first place.
    This is general discussion, not just "what works, what doesn't".
    But back to your question - "what works, what doesn't" - without subscription almost nothing works, all more or less modern cars are locked. That's my point. I used it ONCE (!!!) since I bought it in 2018, the rest was done by SKP900 and other tools because it was EASIER and FASTER. So there's absolutely NO WAY I can justify $600-$800 updates.
    Last edited by ranchero; 13th November, 2019 at 11:01 PM.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to ranchero For This Useful Post:

kostat (14th November, 2019)

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    655 Posts

This discussion already happened 30 pages ago if you dont like their product dont buy it .....
    registered date 06/2019
    topic : LONSDOR is the best
    OBEY !

23. The Following User Says Thank You to TERMINATOR1000 For This Useful Post:

kostat (14th November, 2019)