Macbook Pro restarts by its own (need help)
Register

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Unhappy Macbook Pro restarts by its own (need help)

Hello to all,
    I have a Macbook Pro mid 2010 and the computer is restarting by its own.
    When the computer restarts, after listen the chime it shows a message saying "Your computer restarted because of a problem. Press a key or wait a few seconds to continue starting up".
    Some time ago I upgraded the RAM memory and the HDD to a SSD and all worked fine. Now it seems like there is any problem on hardware.
    For dispite any changes i did, i installed the original RAM memory and original HDD, formated and installed the OSX (OSX Sierra) and all updates up to date.
    When the computer restarts and enter on OSX, it says the computer had a problem and shows a relatory:

P_20170102_003528.jpg

It seems like a hardware problem? May be the failure is on graphics card?

Thanks in advance!

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    498 Posts

Have you tried gfxcardstatus?
    Have you tried to switch manually the graphic card used to Intel hd graphics via gfxCardStatus and see if random reboots still occurs ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I run a independent apple repair shop

sounds like you have a gpu issue according to the log.

once you changed the ram back does it still crash?

15" models are prone to graphics failures

Top Poster +

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by djholtz View Post
    Hello to all,
    I have a Macbook Pro mid 2010 and the computer is restarting by its own.
    When the computer restarts, after listen the chime it shows a message saying "Your computer restarted because of a problem. Press a key or wait a few seconds to continue starting up".
    Some time ago I upgraded the RAM memory and the HDD to a SSD and all worked fine. Now it seems like there is any problem on hardware.
    For dispite any changes i did, i installed the original RAM memory and original HDD, formated and installed the OSX (OSX Sierra) and all updates up to date.
    When the computer restarts and enter on OSX, it says the computer had a problem and shows a relatory:

P_20170102_003528.jpg

It seems like a hardware problem? May be the failure is on graphics card?

Thanks in advance!
    This defiantly sounds like a GPU issues either getting way too hot or has failed and needs a reflow or direct replacement. Not cheap.

This is not a fix but this should allow you to boot from the intel graphics instead.

download the gfxCardStatus app at the link below.

https://gfx.io/

When you reboot your system select 'Integrated Only' to ensure that your discrete (Nvidia) graphics card does not get used. This should resolve the panics.

Note that you may need to adjust the settings in apps like your browser to ensure they don't have an option selected to use your discrete graphics (hardware acceleration or something similarly titled). If the option is selected it can override the gfxCardStatus setting.

This could slow down applications that are graphics intensive, but it is better than having the frequent reboots.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Did you ever figure this out?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Can you open your mac and take photo of your motherboard?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi friends, share the exciting experience of ordering custom development in Java programming language. This path was full of interesting discoveries and will bring an outstanding result.