GREEN LIGHT Ireland set to legalise cannabis to help treat multiple sclerosis, cancer
Register
    V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,088 Posts

Default GREEN LIGHT Ireland set to legalise cannabis to help treat multiple sclerosis, cancer

GREEN LIGHT Ireland set to legalise cannabis to help treat multiple sclerosis, cancer and epilepsy patients.

Despite a government-ordered report warning of a lack of evidence over the drug?s safety and effectiveness, Dublin?s Health Minister Simon Harris has given the green light for its use in certain circumstances.

Mr Harris said he will establish an access programme for cannabis-based treatments for conditions ?where patients have not responded to other treatments and there is some evidence that cannabis may be effective?.

These will include multiple sclerosis sufferers, cancer patients undergoing chemotherapy and epileptics.

?I believe this report marks a significant milestone in developing policy in this area,? said Mr Harris.

?This is something I am eager to progress but I am also obligated to proceed on the basis of the best clinical advice.?

However, it added any decision on legalising its use is ultimately one for society and government to make.

The HPRA advised if cannabis is to be legalised, it should be used only under strict circumstances for:

Spasticity associated with multiple sclerosis resistant to standard treatments;
    Nausea and vomiting associated with chemotherapy;
    Severe treatment-resistant epilepsy.

Mr Harris confirmed he will set up ?a compassionate access programme for cannabis-based treatments? and is now considering any changes in the law needed for its operation.

Pressure has been mounting in Britain for similar moves.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/living/2834...epsy-patients/
    Tools owned: Hammer, Chisel, Crowbar, Punch, Chainsaw, Cutter and Brain!!!

Did you know People will question all the good things they hear about you but believe all the bad without a second thought.

Note:
    All information given is to be used for educational purposes only and should not be taken seriously.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to super jumbe For This Useful Post:

Meat-Head (11th February, 2017)

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,083 Posts

Not forgetting to tax it, after all the government will always find a way to make you pay more.
    My master plan is to live forever..... going to plan so far
    Despite the cost of living, it's still very popular.
    No good deed goes unpunished....

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    893 Posts

Easy burning Co2 capture plant, polluting the atmosphere, anti social behaviour, littering street (Ash) Unlicensed burning. Must be at least a 100% tax rate without the cost of hiring consultants and feasibility studies
    1st UN-Official Meat-Head Fan Club Member (banned )

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,083 Posts

Yes, but they will then give all teh tax raised to a private company who will then come back for another 50% after fiddling the books. You know how government contracts go. Once out of power the MP's end up being directors or consultants for the company, if they don't already own it.
    My master plan is to live forever..... going to plan so far
    Despite the cost of living, it's still very popular.
    No good deed goes unpunished....

6. The Following User Says Thank You to GastonJ For This Useful Post:

ifred (12th February, 2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well, Cannabis in Spain is illegal for commercial purposes, but decriminalised for personal cultivation and use, and other purposes other than sale or trade.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,088 Posts

I wonder if we can keep the plant on window self just as any other plant.....
    Tools owned: Hammer, Chisel, Crowbar, Punch, Chainsaw, Cutter and Brain!!!

Did you know People will question all the good things they hear about you but believe all the bad without a second thought.

Note:
    All information given is to be used for educational purposes only and should not be taken seriously.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    263 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by super jumbe View Post
    I wonder if we can keep the plant on window self just as any other plant.....
    Hi,, if you have access to weed do you fancy pushing me around in your sainsburys shopping trolley
    ich bin stolz ein deutscher zu sein.

Meathead Lufter Verein - iScheitern

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Kalipo For This Useful Post:

super jumbe (30th October, 2019)

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Marijuana needs to be legalized everywhere, not just in Ireland

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,579 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ritalean View Post
    To this day a considerable amount of studies have been made detailing the beneficial effects of cannabis if taken responsibly, that’s why there has been an increase in countries willing to legalize it, and also tax reasons of course, so it’s only a matter of time until it becomes available globally legally.
    We all like to enjoy it irresponsibilly though
    HaynesPro online + 2022.02a version available, message for where to get it!