Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Fiat Stilo BSI dump

Hi, is there any way to dump standard Fiat (Magneti Marelli) BSI via OBD socket? I don't want to buy expensive interfaces (AVDI etc...) and don't want to dissasamble whole unit to dump processor directly. I just need to read PIN code and add new key and remote.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Not really. The BSI is communicated using a seed key/challenge/response so it does cost all of us good money to buy the tool that has worked out a) how to talk to the module b) to decrypt the module - It's not a simple OBD communication. I know you can do it with AVDI , but maybe the guys on here will tell you if its possible with the clone version ??

Alternatively take the unit off and put it through Tango (I think that's about as cheap as it could be done) and it is only an eeprom from 2008.

Good luck.

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    425 Posts

I have old fvdi from fly and i can read stilo bcm, ducato, punto (even without pincode)....although had some problems with stilo not reading correctly once or twice...

And @riprex pin is not enough to add key to fiats, you need bcm data to precode tranponder and only then you can add it using pin code...

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    228 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dtip View Post
    I have old fvdi from fly and i can read stilo bcm, ducato, punto (even without pincode)....although had some problems with stilo not reading correctly once or twice...

And @riprex pin is not enough to add key to fiats, you need bcm data to precode tranponder and only then you can add it using pin code...
    can you please explain how do you read punto bsi without pin,and how you read stilo before 2003
    thanks

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    974 Posts

Pin only you need for delphi to read by obd eprom without obd its job for 25min remove and read now you know
    Professional bmw key service cas 3/3+ 4/4+ repair = reset ews egs 8hp = 6hp-egs19d

6. The Following User Says Thank You to doctore For This Useful Post:

mikajna (18th February, 2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thank you all guys for useful replies. I know that precoded transponder is required, but that is something zed-bull should do. I need pin mainly for remote coding, because car came without one. But still... AVDI or FVDI interface is too much expensive for me to buy.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    249 Posts

can you read the eeprom of the engine ecu ?
    When your Stilo is a 1.6 i can give you the pin code when you post the eeprom dump....

9. The Following User Says Thank You to yellowstilo For This Useful Post:

jakubg (4th January, 2020)

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,082 Posts

SMOK fiat body can help and is much cheaper then AVDI

Can read:

• Magneti Marelli NEC70F3227 +95160 (Read/Write EEprom , Read Flash , Read PIn Code)
    • Magneti Marelli NEC70F3378 +95160 (Read/Write EEprom , Read Flash , Read PIn Code)
    • Magneti Marelli MCU +95640 (Read/Write EEprom , Read Flash , Read PIn Code)
    • Magneti Marelli MC68HC912DG128 (Read/Write EEprom , Read PIn Code)
    • Magneti Marelli MC9S12DG256 (Read/Write EEprom , Read PIn Code)
    • Siemens MC9S12DB128 (Read/Write EEprom , Read/Write Flash ,Read PIn Code)
    Last edited by Faraday; 18th February, 2017 at 07:57 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yellowstilo: Yes, I can read it, but have to disassemble ECU. I think my Galletto could read only that Motorola processor, but I could try it. Reading eeprom directly in ECU is backup plan, because I could calculate PIN for remote and disable IMMO - who would steal that shitty old Fiat?

Faraday: It still costs more than whole Stilo

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    425 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by igorr View Post
    can you please explain how do you read punto bsi without pin,and how you read stilo before 2003
    thanks
    Few weeks ago i had customer all lost keys for punto 2001 or 2002 i think, he came wihth fiat key code card and spare cuted key without tranponder. I connected fvdi and went to "read conf data" chose BCM delphi 93c66 and entered pin from his card when asked, i got reading and went to precode key, when i loaded dump i got totaly different pin so i thought i got bad reading at first, so i loaded dump to effi and again got same pin... i precoded key and learn it with pin i got from dump without problem, so i am guessing he got that pin card from other car or his bcm/ecu was changed from donor car sometimes, anyway i managed to read dump withput proper pin (false pin) i don't know if it becouse it is early punto (2001 i think) but you shoud try just entering any pin when reading that bcm.

As for stilo there is not much to explain , just choose BCM marelli 912dg128 or BCM marelli 9s12dg256 , you have my latest reading of stilo 2003 (bad reading) here - http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums...lo-bsi-marelli

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dtip For This Useful Post:

igorr (19th February, 2017), mikajna (18th February, 2017), Rys (23rd June, 2019)

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    228 Posts

couple days ago I had same thing login from card and login from fvdi was diferent I was thinking that fvdi was make mistake but key learning was ok

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    425 Posts

couple days ago I had same thing login from card and login from fvdi was diferent I was thinking that fvdi was make mistake but key learning was ok
    That is what i am talking to , you learned key with pin you got from dump probably? What year car was?

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    228 Posts

Araund 2008 zastava 10 same as punto

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    425 Posts