Mobile 4G WIFI
Register

Thread: Mobile 4G WIFI

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Default Mobile 4G WIFI

After recently moving house Iv'e discovered that Broadband at the address will be less than 2Mbps & there's no available Fibre either so have decided to go for Mobile 4G WIFI with Vodafone,
    It arrived today and once set up the speeds I'm getting varies between 5-16Mbps, if I can get to to stay around 16 I'd be happy, so was thinking of purchasing another router that I can use the broadband SIM card in, and then get an external 4G antenna to mount on the roof in the hope it will maximise my chance of getting a stronger Wifi signal

Just need a push in the right direction for routers that allow external antennas and give off good Wifi and also outdoor 4G antennas.......

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

I was looking at maybe getting a router like this.....
    http://www.ebuyer.com/727236-tp-link...k22RoCj6Dw_wcB

And a 4G antenna like this......
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2529412925...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Any ideas if what I'm thinking would work?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

I have a new router and $G antenna on order will update as to whether they worked or not

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Hey mate... just to point out the lack of logic: 4G and WiFi are completely different things so getting a 4G antenna won't get you better WiFi signal.

Getting an antenna means also to get a good quality cable to the modem (4g thingy) and also consider that you have to connect the cable to the modem so you need the proper connectors. I would check that before ordering it.
    Hit the Thanks button if I helped you!