Register
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

one ford I do like this autel launch ad ids fail me. I used forscan to fix that job from hell.

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

No luck on explorer. Got 2 keys programmed and reconfigure cluster pats reset and nothing. everything passed and except no pcm and cluster not detected. Saying there is no connection with pcm or cluster. Can it be possible that pcm could gotten burnt from cluster? I’m running out of options. And I don’t want to replace pcm cuz that a headache. Any suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    199 Posts

Is the problem only the lost communication with cluster/pcm DTC's? Or can you actually not connect to PCM with scan tool?

If you can not connect at all then you need to check to see if our getting power/ground/can at pcm harness and work your way back. If your getting all supply's like you should and can not connect then probably pcm. I would find it hard to imagine the cluster killed the pcm. Only thing I could think of would be maybe the eeprom for pats got corrupted or just some blown fuse. That DTC can pop up a lot if you have been unhooking the cluster, you clear it and it comes back?

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Pcm might be fried. IC and PCM failed when reading codes. I’m looking into to buy IC and PCM from another explorer on junkyard and programmed the keys. Do you think that should work 100%?

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    199 Posts

doubtful you really need another cluster . You will need to flash the replacement pcm with ids or j2435 tool to correct the vin or do it with something via bdm. Else you will have abs codes, but you can program keys and match cluster before worrying about changing vin to see if that's what your problem is.

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Default Ford Explorer USA 2006

Quick question does locksmith have the tool to program the IC with a code. Someone just told me is that true? Specifically for Fords only?

Last edited by Jp4ubaby; 18th October, 2019 at 09:44 PM.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    199 Posts

There is nothing else to it diagnostically then what you have already claimed was done. I would only call someone using IDS and are familiar with the systems. Most locksmiths don't go that deep into whats happening past parameter reset and clear/erase I suspect.
    Last edited by narkeleptk; 18th October, 2019 at 09:50 PM.

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

I just went to spoke to them. And they told me they have contact with dealer to program the IC with a code to connect pcm? Do they have FORDS IDS programmer?

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    199 Posts

They do list as built data on ford site by vin for the I.C's (I assume this is what they are talking about) but when using IDS I have never been asked or have ever found where you can enter it for I.C's. IDS does the same thing your buddies maxisys did but it may just be because it has the information for the VIN stored already. It would be odd tho because you do have to enter it for other stuff like ABS & SRS and even enter teartag numbers for pcm's.

I do a lot of ford pcm work and have to do this process with IDS all the time when testing repairs, rarely run into issue's like this. I do remember I had a flex one time that no matter what I did, nothing worked. I ended up having to write a new flash and eeprom into the 9s12, corrected the mileage then did the process of ic programming, parameter reset & clear/erase. No more problems. In the end I believe the problem stemmed from the tech working on the car trying to clear pats using the wrong system in maxisys but I can't be sure. The eeprom was definitely corrupted tho.
    Last edited by narkeleptk; 19th October, 2019 at 12:52 AM.

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

How about if I swap the eeprom from new IC to original IC. What’s does the eeprom store? Maybe I corrupted the eeprom and that fried the board? I’m going to try that tomorrow.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    199 Posts

I'm not sure about whats inside this cluster sorry. If its a soic8 probably only mileage related stuff which I doubt you could do anything to shut down the cluster other then soldering it on backwards.
    Which MCU is in this unit ?

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,813 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jp4ubaby View Post
    How about if I swap the eeprom from new IC to original IC. What’s does the eeprom store? Maybe I corrupted the eeprom and that fried the board? I’m going to try that tomorrow.

How about you refer this job to a professional. it's obviously above your skill level
    Please DO NOT PM me asking for help.

Post in the forum, that is what it is here for.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to clusters For This Useful Post:

narkeleptk (19th October, 2019), sleepyrz (19th October, 2019)

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

This the Mcu on it ( MICRONAS )
    The MCU is fried up. I believe pins 17-20. Are melted. So I just replace the 93c86 eeprom from original to the new Ic and the anti theft light is acting normal turn on as soon put keys then turns off put on position. That good sign. But still no start no crank.

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by clusters View Post
    How about you refer this job to a professional. it's obviously above your skill level
    I actually payed locksmith to come and they could not it to turn on and nothing. They said it might something else not let it turn on.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    199 Posts

Does live data say master key accepted and pcmverify OK now?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast