Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default Eurovox ex5000pvr.

Hi All.
    I'm hopefully getting the Eurovox ex5000pvr with hard drive on Monday.When I do get it will I have to download the firmware file 1.1A or 1.1 version to flash the box,or both?Probably been asked before but I can't help but ask.Also when I have flashed the box I then connect my cable and scan for channels is this correct?
    Thanx in advance Wheezystorm.

Administrator
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

It's always best to flash the latest firmware as this will have the latest fixes and features. So I would go for 1.1a.
    Get Digital Kaos on your Apple or Android device with Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default Thanx

Quote Originally Posted by Devilfish View Post
    It's always best to flash the latest firmware as this will have the latest fixes and features. So I would go for 1.1a.
    Thanx for the reply devilfish,when your new to all this you get a bit wary in case you damage the box. cheers.

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

use a null modem to flash the v1.1a and then it goes into scan mode after its loded firmware..sometimes you have to be a bit patient as it goes through its steps. It will ask you to ok scan after searching for transponders.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    137 Posts

Depends where you get it from, some suppliers do pre-load the latest firmware and test the boxes prior to dispatch - or maybe that's just me