Register
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

I patched Liberty Episodes to WAV 3 been playing no probs and im still online.

Who knows what causes the bans.

Patience is a virtue.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

im not sure if anyone has gotten the banhammer with modern warfare 2 yet....havent seen any posts with real info

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have a BenQ Drive, Flashed with 1.6 iXtreme. Using Imgburn and ABGX GUI 1.0.1 I am trying to get MW2. I have downloaded and burned, it can play all cinematics and load menus. When it goes to load game it says "Disc unreadable." Can someone help me out? is there something that im doing wrong?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default cant get it 2 work

Quote Originally Posted by alunfennell View Post

With all of this WAVE 4 talk, I thought I would post a tutorial on how to play Wave 4 games. Because it seems like no one really understands what is going on.

What exactly is Wave 4?
    In my opinion I would not call what is going on right now "Wave 4", Its sort of like Wave 3.1. Cars Race o Rama seems to be the first Xbox 360 game with the 'Wave 4'. Basically, Wave 4 is Wave 3 with the new 8498 NXE update. Since iXtreme v1.6 checks the video partition CRC (for security) to only boot Wave1/2/3, it will not be able to boot the new Wave4 discs although firmware 1.51 will.

What are the solutions?
    1.Downgrade your firmware to iXtreme 1.51
    2.Use this activate.iso/0800 method to boot your discs

What is activate.iso?
    Activate.iso is designed to enable One-shot boot mode for the iXtreme 1.6 firmware. One-shot boot mode allows you to boot your unstealthed, modified or "Hybrid" backups without any strict stealth checks. This method is also called 0800.

F.A.Q.'s?
    What games are Wave 4?
    Cars Race-O-Rama, Lips number 1 Hits are the only Wave 4 games ATM.

Do you have to put the activate.iso disc in everytime before inserting the Wave 4 game?
    As of right now yes this is the only possible way.

Will another firmware come out so you dont even have to use this process?
    Probably in the future but we dont know when.

Downloads:

Activateiso.rar

MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

RapidShare: 1-CLICK Web hosting - Easy Filehosting

Tutorial:

1: You need your Activate.iso file above.

2: Once you have the activate.iso file, you want to drag and drop or save it to your desktop.

3: Insert a DVD+R DL into your DVD burner.

4: Now open up Activate.iso with any burning software you use. (I.E. Imgburn, Clonecd, etc...)

5: Now in your burning program go into your write setting tab and make sure your layerbreak is set to the Calculate Optimal setting. Also check your booktype for DVD+R DL and make sure its on the DVD-ROM setting and that your write speed is at 2.4x.

6: Start Burn!

7: As soon as the burn starts a message will pop saying, ?that the image is small enough for a regular DVD R, do you want to continue anyway??
    *(You want to choose yes because burned to a regular DVDR the Activate.iso wont work!!!)

8: Next another message will pop saying, Even though the image is small enough to fit into one layer its best to write in both layers, do you want to go away from the normal and write in only one layer?? (Now I want to stress READ THIS MESSAGE CAREFULLY!!!!)

Choosing "Yes" will cause all data to be written into the first layer.

Choosing "No" will cause data to be writing into both layers.

CHOOSE YES!!

9: It will burn then finish?

10: Insert the Activate.iso disk into your xbox 360. It will read for a little longer than usual then finally it will say "Play DVD". Press "A" on your controller and a video should pop saying: picture at the Bottom

11: Now just eject the Activate.iso disk and insert your unstealthed, modified or Hybrid disk and it will load!!!

Few parts of this tutorial were taken from other sites, partial credit goes to them
    cant get it 2 work

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Wave 4 update - help needed

This wave 4 stuff gets worse all the time,
    Last edited by Brady2009; 5th November, 2009 at 11:36 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cocytean View Post
    Hi,

Big thanks to the OP for this thread - the wave 3/4 stuff has been giving me a headache!
    i have a benq and this doest work

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sjoerd124 View Post
    Hello,

I have a Hitachi drive with iXtreme 1,51. Now, when I insert a wave 4 game (codmw2) I keep getting a firmware update. I accept it, then it downloads it, then it restarts but then I keep getting that update. Do you know what is going on?

Thanks.
    Try the game without the hardrive connected, if the game boots you know your firmware is okay, If not then re flash. You can't update your dash anymore with the wave 4 patched games. Due to the update. So 3 options update the latest dash update through live, 2nd Through an original (Bought) wave 4 game such as tekken or 3rd like i did through a m8's hardrive, just connect it to your xbox and it will update, as long as there up to date with there dash updates!!!
    Last edited by Brady2009; 4th November, 2009 at 05:04 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBrady View Post
    Try the game without the hardrive connected, if the game boots you know your firmware is okay, If not then re flash. You can't update your dash anymore with the wave 4 patched games. Due to the update. So 3 options update the latest dash update through live, 2nd Through an original wave 4 game such as tekken or 3rd like i did through a m8's hardrive, just connect it to your xbox and it will update, as long as there up to date with there dash updates!!!
    Ok, so I only have to download Tekken. Because I have already removed the hard drive and the game works fine and because I am already banned I can't download the update through live. Thanks, I'll give it a shot.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sjoerd124 View Post
    Ok, so I only have to download Tekken. Because I have already removed the hard drive and the game works fine and because I am already banned I can't download the update through live. Thanks, I'll give it a shot.
    Download Tekken, You've lost me????? i mean once your hardrive is back on, you would need to have an original game, not a backup 1! look up wave 4 games. To do the update for you. thats if the game (backup) of modern warfare 2 works without the hardrive connected. Or ask one of your m8's to lend you there hardrive. to perform the update once it is on your xbox.
    Last edited by Brady2009; 4th November, 2009 at 05:10 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have edited my post as it seems everyone with a flashed 360 is having different problems, so one person's success with this problem, is not necessary the solution to everyones problem. All i will say to save you guys money and time, just try your games without the hard-drive connected, that way you should be able to determin wheather you need to re flash your firmware.
    Last edited by Brady2009; 5th November, 2009 at 11:33 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBrady View Post
    I'll start again, I was totally confused myself, I Last had my xbox Altered in January 2007 so i could play backup games, and i have a samsung drive and every backup game as worked. i got hold of a copy of mod war 2 but every time i tried to load it, it would say i needed to update my system (which is the new wave 4 update) but when i tried everytime the update would fail, so i phoned a few pc mod shops, and 1 of them said to try loading it without the hardrive attached so i did and it worked, but thinking whats the point if you can't save it, then somebody else told me to try borrowing somebody else's hardrive thats already been updated, so i did and as soon as i attached it to my xbox it said i needed to update and i did. Then i turned my xb off and put my hardrive back on and loaded it up and straight away the mod war 2 game loaded. Oh there is also the fact that if you do go online your going to need some further advice on that, you can google it. As one thing i do know you will get banned from xb live, once the update is installed.

Firstly If you have a copy of mod war for example or any new wave 4 games and it won't load, firstly try removing the hardrive, if it loads you know you don't need to have it re flashed and just do what i did. thats if your not bothered about playing online and if it don't load without the hardrive you know it's your flash firmware.

Secondly apparently all new wave 4 patched games won't let you do the update because of the patch as it installs something on your hardrive, to catch all the early birds on xbox live as it records secretly details and times youve been on games pre release.

Thirdly All my old games still work fine.
    But I am already banned however

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

OMG, I downloaded the new 8559 dashboard from xbox.com and when I started playing it stopped I tried to restart it three 3 and now I got the freaking rrod!! Jezus christ seriously 5 minutes after!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

How did you download the update, if your banned from live? And also it's not available on xbox to download to your pc yet to put on disk or memory stick? I'm Really not sure to be honest what youv'e downloaded? Maybe it's not the update thats messed your xbox up, but something else.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

That's weird, I tried to look up the update but I cannot find it either on xbox.com. It looked the same and I am sure it was xbox.com not another site

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

However, one thing is sure, It is broken.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast