Register
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Hi people, got RNEG2 (Marelli) that shows only black screen. The unit seems to work, but nothing on the screen. I want to try emergency kit, but what about the pinout on the RNEG2? Any help is welcome.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

rneg firmware
    Attached Files Attached Files

3. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to edicroatia For This Useful Post:

Col19 (22nd December, 2021), ecumanager (30th June, 2020), florin_leo (11th January, 2021), fluorescent (6th August, 2019), girolamodisidisi (26th October, 2022), kvalentino (7th July, 2022), Landetos (27th January, 2022), mexanico1971 (22nd March, 2023), mitch2 (4th May, 2021), psabad (3rd March, 2022)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Hello
    Trying also to reanimate RNEG but cannot get anything in the TeraTerm window only the square prompt... (Teraterm local echo is on, com3 on PC configured as in teraterm 115200/8bit/1stop/parity none/XOnXoff)
    I did he serial connection with FTDI UM232 having Ground/Tx/and Rx linked to Ground/Rx/ and Tx on the mother board serial port (pin 5 side up and pins 1 and 4 side down)
    RNEG is normaly mounted on and powered by the car, and it detects that there is no sd card (I removed it for the first step)
    May be i need to reboot te head unit, but how to do that as the front panel is removed..

Or what am I doing wrong??
    Thanks for your help, as some of you (as Number7d ) succeeded this step.. but not me !

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Epap For This Useful Post:

Music73 (5th April, 2022)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello all the Forum,
    First THANKS for the quality of the forum and of the replies.
    I try many tiles to communicate by RS232 with Harman Becker RNEG or NG4... But with TeraTerm I only obtain wrong caracters...
    I try many bauds rate but I'm note sure of the wiring and the procedure to run...
    Can anyone tell us the exact wiring and the procedure to communicate with TeraTerm ??
    Many Thanks,
    Julien

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Screen Shot 09-12-19 at 09.56 AM.jpg
    I don't understand... Tried many things !!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Juned2 can you try with PC with real com port? Because i try with real and with USB to COM but nothing. Can you explain me how to conect MB to RS232, because the picture is little. I connect Ground to pin 1, RX to pin 6, other side TX to pin 5 is it correct, and power NAVI +12V with pin 14 and 16. Is it correct?

Thnaks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Hello unfortunate companions
    As suggested by freeman2014 I also used an old PC with com port and teraterm software. Again nothing on the screen just the square prompt...or some unreadable characters at any baud rate
    Then I checked my RS link on a other device (analyzer) having RS232C access on its main board. Communication was OK with it and I could read the device internal program using teraterm and hyperterminal. Both softs give right readings (the internal analyzer program)
    Thus I believe that the problem comes mainly from a RNEG MB bad connection with the RS232 link
    I used pin 1 (left and bottom side) for ground, pin 4 (bottom side) for Rx, and pin 5 (upper side) for Tx (according to the MB picture) for my trial
    I also tryed with reverse Tx/Rx connections but no communication again

An other important question: Is it necessary to power up the RNEG through the car with the CAN bus connections activated (with running engine)?
    Or is it possible powering the RNEG and the display directly from the battery without the CAN bus?
    Hi Number7D your help would be very appreciated by all of us!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This is from Russina forum
    If the RxD leg of the terminal port is shorted to the case,
    it will launch a dialog menu
    5 pins from the corner of the board, on one side of the board TX on the other RX

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yes Freeman2014... The pin 5 is the right wiring I think !
    And in the V850ES/SJ3 datasheet, yes we can launch dialog menu putting RX to ground while booting.
    RNEG also need CAN bus information to start, so you must be on a car, or wired with a BSI.

Today I must receive a nex USB/RS232 interface to try it... I keep you in touch !

Quote Originally Posted by freeman2014 View Post
    This is from Russina forum
    If the RxD leg of the terminal port is shorted to the case,
    it will launch a dialog menu
    5 pins from the corner of the board, on one side of the board TX on the other RX

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Hi Freeman2014
    I remember reading the russian forum some months ago but after browsing a lot throug this forum I was unable to find again the corresponding link. Where did you find it?

Hi Juned2
    Thanks also for the information you posted
    On my own I tried to use a rs-usb converter (ftdi um232R) as it can work at 3.3V
    First I tried it on my analyzer device just to be sure I was able to get right rs communication (the device send data at known settings-9800/8/N/1) as regarding the RNEG I do not know its serial settings
    This FTDI RS/USB I used here never give right data on the teraterm terminal. I always got strange characters as you got youself (your screen shot at post #21) and I tried many baud rate configurations without any success
    May be this RS/USB ftdi converter does not fit here?...but why...

I could also use my old PC through its com port but it provides almost 6v output on Tx and I am afraid to damage the RNEG serial port... do you agree?
    I hope you will succeed soon to get the rs communication and iDS_UM232R.pdff yes please tell us which rs converter you use

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

There are many people in this forum having huge knowledge but no more present may be...?
    1. Reading on the net I finally understood some points: my um232R FTDI serial/USB converter is running OK at TTL level, wich is required for RNEG mother board
    2. And not ok with my analyzer running on RS232 protocol with higher voltage...
    3. I confirm pinout for serial connection : MB front of you, pin 1 at the left, upper side, then pin 5 is a Rx for RNEG thus we have to connect the Tx um232 output there
    Downside, with pin 1 still on the left, pin 5 again is a Tx for RNEG, thus we have to connect the Rx um232 output there, and pin 10 (downside) is the ground
    Serial port protocol used : 115200/8/1/NONE/XonXoff
    Unit in the car (thanks Juned2), Rx RNEG put to ground while booting (I re-mounted the frontpanel), then I finally got the IPL arrow prompt

But typing the '?' i did not get any help message as expected
    Typing 'rz' did not get any answer and launching Zmodem did not transfer the ifs file (0 transmitted bit). After a while the RNEG exits the serial communication and boots...
    (Tx wiring checked OK)

What's wrong? me? RNEG?
    Any suggestion will be appreciated.....
    rneg.jpg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Hi Epap,

I hope we can find a way to reanimate those RNEGs. Glad to see that you find the right way to connect yours. What about changind baudrate? Run as admin? Disable any firewall? For me i got RNEG2 to reanimate, but no pinout at all yet, i got the necessary TTL hardware i guess, just need pinout to give it a try.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Hi Kitopa
    Yes I can confirm now the right Tx/Rx pinouts connections on the plug edge on the RNEG mother board (pins 5/5/10)
    Now I get transmission both for Rx and Tx (baudrate was ok and XonXoff is not required)
    Unfortunately the reanimate procedure stops before the end.. and this occurs randomly.. I tried several times but I did not succeed yet. May be there are interferences with the car engine..?
    Regarding your RNEG2, I could not see (on internet pictures) on the motherboard any plug edge connector for a serial link. Since Rx/Tx/Ground pinouts (5/5/10) are exactly identical for MMI3G and RNEG units (both Harman Becker) I am wondering whether all manufacturers are doing the same way for serial link...of course not obvious!
    Also are you sure you can apply the reanimate RNEG1(HB) procedure to your RNEG2 (Marelli)? Are you sure also your display is OK? and the display cable plug tight enough? You probably check everything yet....?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi everyone!
    I'm looking for "rneg r50b_r50.03". Can you help?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Cześć koledzy.
    Czy ktoś może mi powiedzieć, co robię źle i gdzie jest mój problem.
    Program dochodzi do tego punktu. Mam w gnieździe kartę lub dysk twardy 50.03.
    On nie kontynuuje.
    20200104_181750.jpg
    Last edited by rrafalek; 4th January, 2020 at 07:10 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast