Register
Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast
    Top Poster +
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Default Rangerover evoque KVM programming

Hi all, ive got my customers 2012 Evoque. It was stolen recovered and the customer now has it back with his 2 original keys, the car was stolen without taking the keys. The original keys don't work anymore so I assume the keys were deleted and a new one programmed.
    The customer has asked me to program his original keys back to his car. However, using SDD I cant program keys. I then bought a new KVM, I still cant program it. In configure new kvm, SDD asks to turn ignition on, this cant be done, it then says Failed. It wont go any further than that. I then bought another KVM, exactly the same, wont program.

Ive checked lives and earths at kvm. Bodymodule communicates and I don't see any other issues.

Anyone seen this before?

Thanks
    Dan

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    117 Posts

If you go to specification screen does it show communication to RFA module? Also make sure you have battery support on and the headlights are on (if not this can result in no comms). If you wanted to program old keys you would first try the recover keys procedure. Let me know the answer to above.

Note. On the later Evoque MY14> it is common to get no comms on new RFA as it comes pre flashed for dual CAN and not multi CAN though this will not be an issue for your MY of vehicle.
    Last edited by rivalryan; 1st December, 2017 at 10:34 PM.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rivalryan For This Useful Post:

mscauto (4th December, 2017), ucokseparoh (11th December, 2017)

Top Poster +
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Hi, Yeah is comms with RFA. It has 2 faults in as well, module not programmed and no keys programmed. I have my battery support on it as well, always when doing programming. I dont think the head lights were on. I tried with hazards on.
    It also fails on the recover keys option in extras.

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    238 Posts

when it ask for ignition on just press the start button and get the car to wake up. What SDD are you using? original VCI or something else?!

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Use skp to force ignition on, unplug then plug in sdd and continue process, leave menu open when it says to turn ign on. You have to be fast, ignition turns back off after a few seconds

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

When communicating with the original KVM, does SDD show connection to RFA? If so, KVM might be locked. Can you read the Dflash and Pflash of the original and brand new KVM? If so, send me the files and will see what we can do.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to duplikeytor For This Useful Post:

issam216 (20th December, 2022), taxo1965 (6th September, 2019)

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    322 Posts
    The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

Top Poster +
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Hi all, ok I have original vcm, using up to date SDD with full rights as a independent. I have programmed 15 plus new kvm's to rangerovers or landrovers and never had an issue. I always push the start button when it says turn ign on. I don't have skp, can I force ignition on using SDD?

I haven't tried reading a kvm before. What programmer will read them? And can I just solder on to the board?

Thanks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

I had this problem with a disco sport last month so took it to dealer even they struggled
    only way around it was to fit cjb off another car and turn ignition on with that on emergent key from old car then code new kvm module and then code kvm then refit alll old parts
    If I Help You Please Rep + Thanks ME

12. The Following User Says Thank You to ecuremap1 For This Useful Post:

mscauto (4th December, 2017)

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mscauto View Post
    Hi all, ok I have original vcm, using up to date SDD with full rights as a independent. I have programmed 15 plus new kvm's to rangerovers or landrovers and never had an issue. I always push the start button when it says turn ign on. I don't have skp, can I force ignition on using SDD?

I haven't tried reading a kvm before. What programmer will read them? And can I just solder on to the board?

Thanks
    I dont think sdd can, we usually use a combination of skp and sdd, when it asks to turn ignition on, we disconnect mongoose cable and connect skp and force ignition on, once ignition is on, we connect mongoose cable back quickly and continue the process.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

I have this problem in a Jaguar, XF year 2009. It has a working key (calling only through the slot) the keyless and remote system does not work. And I have a second key that does not work at all. I have SDD, and it tells me not to communicate with RFA. And in the dashboard of the car, the alert "Check system pedestrian"
    Some help ??
    Solutions in the area of automotive coded keys, all automakers.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Yes, small frontal collision ... How do I find this RFA module? Is that what's on the passenger's feet?
    Solutions in the area of automotive coded keys, all automakers.

Top Poster +
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Hi, thanks for the reply. Yes the car is in alarm mode,( siren going off ) I don’t know if anyone has looked at it. Car was bought from auction and loaded by forklift into a trailer.

If I buy a brand new body module will it allow me to program it?

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    628 Posts

I looked at a 2015 stolen and recovered Sport the other day.
    It was in alarm mode (siren going off) and AVDI was not able to unlock the steering lock and it failed at that point.

This is the first I have heard of alarm mode, is there a way to remove it?

Top Poster +
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Thanks for the suggestions guys, I’m going to buy a new body module from the dealers. I will let you know the outcome next week. Hopefully it programs with out any other problems.
    dan

19. The Following User Says Thank You to mscauto For This Useful Post:

obdsystems (15th December, 2017)

Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast