Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Brabus Performance Tuning at DAS

Hi guys,

I'm looking for some information, how to activate the Brabus Performance Tuning option with DAS at mine 05 Smart ForTwo. I have the TAN code, but at the end of the process DAS give me a message "Coding was not successful" Any idea?

Thanks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Also, if you know how to change the serice interval, it will help. Thank you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

ok, guys, I found a new info, but I still wasn't able to move forward much.

First of all for everyone who don't know, what Brabus Performance Tunning is, it will remap the ECU of the car with ORIGINAL Mercedes SW. Your car will have more power then.

The problem with STAR (DAS) is there is not the patch file with new SW in the DAS. So it can't by writen to the ECU of the car. That's the reason it ends with "coding was not successfull."

My question is, do anyone knows how, or where to get the patch file?

Thank you
    Robin

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo01 View Post
    ok, guys, I found a new info, but I still wasn't able to move forward much.

First of all for everyone who don't know, what Brabus Performance Tunning is, it will remap the ECU of the car with ORIGINAL Mercedes SW. Your car will have more power then.

The problem with STAR (DAS) is there is not the patch file with new SW in the DAS. So it can't by writen to the ECU of the car. That's the reason it ends with "coding was not successfull."

My question is, do anyone knows how, or where to get the patch file?

Thank you
    Robin
    Mate the problem isnt the sw but the way....
    You must first do SCN coding in a dealer and after that you can performe and write with the TAN the SW
    After that all will work perfect

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Are you sure about that? When I start the procedure, the Star asks for a TAN code. AFTER the procedure is done, then it wants SCN coding. As far as I found (and maybe I'm wrong), the SCN coding basically just update the info in the Mercedes central database: This vehicle with this VIN number is now equipped with Brabus Performance, for example. Nothing more. So if I got this idea correctly, then I don't need SCN coding at all.

Another example, I already activated the paddle shifting and Softouch. It always asked me for SCN coding after the change was made. It works perfectly well WITHOUT SCN coding.

But as I said, maybe I'm wrong. If I'm wrong explain me how exactly SCN coding works, please.

Thank you

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts

Are you sure about that? When I start the procedure, the Star asks for a TAN code. AFTER the procedure is done, then it wants SCN coding. As far as I found (and maybe I'm wrong), the SCN coding basically just update the info in the Mercedes central database: This vehicle with this VIN number is now equipped with Brabus Performance, for example. Nothing more. So if I got this idea correctly, then I don't need SCN coding at all.

Another example, I already activated the paddle shifting and Softouch. It always asked me for SCN coding after the change was made. It works perfectly well WITHOUT SCN coding.

But as I said, maybe I'm wrong. If I'm wrong explain me how exactly SCN coding works, please.

Thank you
    Mate the SCN coding is "software callibration number" thats meeing cheksum the soft to comun with the other module who you havent perform with tan code.
    The padlle shifting and softtouch is only a pach IS NOT PROGRAME like the BRABUS TUNING.
    If the Vdoc havent update from DEALER MERCEDES BENZ the SB2 will never work..........
    GOOD LUCK M8

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Default tan code for brabus ecu flash

Hi
    i search tan code generator or code for my smart

VIN: WME01MC011H0554726

Thks a lot

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello
    @founas: The Brabus software tuning is only available for the old Smart 450 with 600cc engine. On this model it is only a software change to upgrade the engine.
    Since you have a 05 model as you say, you have a 700cc engine. Here the Fortwo Brabus has the same engine as the 82PS Roadster with a special intake and other turbo and oilcooler. Software has been especially rewritten for the fortwo with 150km/h max speed and reduction to 75PS at top end. Software upgrade from the normal 700cc is not available and would not work either.
    The 452 Roadster Brabus 700cc 101PS again has different components like a bigger turbo, other throttle and intake, other injectors and water cooled intercooler.
    The 450 Brabus Fortwo 101 limited is a mixture of the two above with a special software to allow 170km/h stock.
    BR

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi Taz23,

it's strange, because I asked at the Mercedes dealership and they told me they are able to do it and only stuff they will change is the air filter, air hose and the SW.

BTW: finaly I was able to reprogram the ECU and make the SCN coding (online). Now I have the Brabus SW at the ECU, but nothing change. I mean, I can see in DAS the actual version of SW which is the correct - actual Brabus one, no errors, everything works as it should, but the vehicle have exactly the same power as before. Do anybody knows why?

I just test it at the DYNO before and after the SW change, so that's why I know, there is no change from the power point of view.

Thanks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi Taz23,

it's strange, because I asked at the Mercedes dealership and they told me they are able to do it and only stuff they will change is the air filter, air hose and the SW.

BTW: finaly I was able to reprogram the ECU and make the SCN coding (online). Now I have the Brabus SW at the ECU, but nothing change. I mean, I can see in DAS the actual version of SW which is the correct - actual Brabus one, no errors, everything works as it should, but the vehicle have exactly the same power as before. Do anybody knows why?

I just test it at the DYNO before and after the SW change, so that's why I know, there is no change from the power point of view.

Thanks
    :-)
    You onla ask questions but you cannot tell us what car you actually drive? Why do you let us guess around?
    What car exactly do you have? 600cc or 700cc? 205004, 205005 or 205006 ecu? What was the software identification before and after? How do you know that it is a brabus file?
    Once you say the software works as it should and next you say it runs like before with no additional power. Now what?

I can only repeat myself. The software upgragde only works on the 600cc. And they stopped in January 2004. Since then there is the 700cc engine and the Brabus engine is differrent in hardware. period. I drive such a car myself my friend!
    If the brabus tuning software reminder pops up it only means the code flag is enabled. Nothing more.
    The proper software id for my smart brabus 700cc 450 cabrio and latest software release is 42-43. The lastest software release for the 600cc Brabus is 74-B9.
    What do you read on your car???
    BR

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have a 2005 700cc. I don't know how to find out what ECU version it is.

The actual SW version is 0010015858 (thats the brabus one) The previous version was 0014589010. I know it is a Brabus because it was coded with the Brabus Performance Tunning at DAS and it is also stated at the info for this SW version.

By "SW works as it should" I ment it works without errors, the car works normally, but without additional power.

As I said at official Mercedes dealer, they told me they can add the Brabus Performance Tunning to my car. Maybe they are wrong, but strange is I was able to code it in my car without any problem (with new version of DAS).

The software release status (if this is you asked for) is 18/03.

I made a log from my car, you can find it here:
    http://rapidshare.com/files/42874139...66_logstar.pdf

I can make few screenshots from DAS also, if it helps.

Thanks
    Robin
    Last edited by Hugo01; 3rd November, 2010 at 10:07 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by taz23 View Post
    :-)
    You onla ask questions but you cannot tell us what car you actually drive? Why do you let us guess around?
    What car exactly do you have? 600cc or 700cc? 205004, 205005 or 205006 ecu? What was the software identification before and after? How do you know that it is a brabus file?
    Once you say the software works as it should and next you say it runs like before with no additional power. Now what?

I can only repeat myself. The software upgragde only works on the 600cc. And they stopped in January 2004. Since then there is the 700cc engine and the Brabus engine is differrent in hardware. period. I drive such a car myself my friend!
    If the brabus tuning software reminder pops up it only means the code flag is enabled. Nothing more.
    The proper software id for my smart brabus 700cc 450 cabrio and latest software release is 42-43. The lastest software release for the 600cc Brabus is 74-B9.
    What do you read on your car???
    BR

Hmmm M8 ...
    I think that ECUs from 600,700,and roadster is EXACTLY same as about the Hardware the only different is the SW.-
    I have downgragde and upgragde many many times 700(0261205006)to 600(0261205005,004)
    roadster to 600 and 600 to roadster used and for different cars every time
    About Brabus tuning:The old versions like 0261205005,004 they do not need nothing exept TAN code to work ,for new versions like 0261205006 there is a code (V__) who MUST performe \ONLY with online programming to work because SCN|(software number callibration) is programming about exhaust (of the Ecus involved with exhaust) for cars Euro3 and newer

Good luck to all M8s
    Last edited by wsc; 4th November, 2010 at 12:28 AM.
    Smart car engineer ,

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts

The Brabus software "gives" about 75hp, your car is 61hp
    Maybe there is problem, check your car...pipes,valves,turbo etc
    "Someware" there is 14hp for you mate
    Smart car engineer ,

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

WSC: how do you upgrade it? I mean is it possible to change the SW at ECU from one model to another? If yes how? For example my Smart is the weakest 50HP model. Is it possible to put there SW from 61HP model? In DAS?

And another question, the Brabus Roadster 700cc have 101HP. I know, the Brabus Roadster have different turbo. But theoriticaly if I change the turbo to the Brabus Roadster model, is it possible to put in my ECU the SW from Brabus Roadster?

Thanks
    Robin

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello
    Please post the ecu identification screen, not only the unit log screen.

@wsc 600cc and 700cc ecus are not compatible at all. Old is MEG1.0, new is MEG1.1.
    BR

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast