Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

good luck m8 ,

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

OK then its definitely 100% the firmware for me.. just got banned and didn't even have chance to play the game online, (original cod5), as soon as i plugged in the Ethernet cable and signed in, BOOM, got banned instantly.

Just my look, i had the xecuter ck3 pro kit delivered on Friday, flashed my drive on Saturday, then got banned on Sunday......................

does this now mean i need another console to go online??
    or,
    when new firmware arrives, i can re-flash it to get back in the action???
    Last edited by EVERS666; 8th November, 2009 at 09:25 PM.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    146 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by EVERS666 View Post
    OK then its definitely 100% the firmware for me.. just got banned and didn't even have chance to play the game online, (original cod5), as soon as i plugged in the Ethernet cable and signed in, BOOM, got banned instantly.

Just my look, i had the xecuter ck3 pro kit delivered on Friday, flashed my drive on Saturday, then got banned on Sunday......................

does this now mean i need another console to go online??
    or,
    when new firmware arrives, i can re-flash it to get back in the action???
    This can easily be a bad rip that is stored on the hdd. Once connected to live, your box will tell the server, hence ban.

I still believe its down to bad rips/Issues/misuse of ABGX.

Let me ask this. How many of you VERIFY YOUR DISCS ATFER YOUR BURN A .ISO THAT PASSES IN ABGX?

If this was down to firmware i think we would see all xbox being banned now. Or half now half in new year so live subscriptions dont suffer to much.

Again this is only a theory but i still say its down to some bad rips, misuse of ABGX or playing games early. 17000 on CODMW2 online!!!! Its not even released yet.

Or another theory could be that M$ have found a way to detect discs ID. When you place a blank disc into your drive, IMGBURN can read the disc type, info including dye ect, maybe they can detect that?

IF YOUR BANNED YOU CAN ONLY BLAME THE PERSON WHO DECIDED TO HAVE THEIR XBOX 360 MODDED TO PLAY BACKUPS
    Last edited by cunny; 8th November, 2009 at 09:45 PM.

"Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Banned lol

Yea just plugged my xbox in on live never played a game before release date all games checked with abgx and never with hard drive plugged in so i susspect its the firmware the detect BTW im running a liteon drive with Ixtreem v1.6

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

do you think they are monitoring traffic on you isp ir if you have been downloading while playing or spoke ova xbl to friends about back ups and such??? just a thoery my friend has had? also dp you think they have just followed a chain ie 1 person gets banned they check there friends list and ban those ppl with incrimating evidence and so on so on?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

No-one knows why we get banned.

I have been playing tekken 6 and grand theft patched to wav 3.

Using ixtreme 1.51 on liteon. And im online now.

PS...My mate is also online Liteon 1.51 although he is not playing patched games.

Must admit though i aint putting COD WAR 2 near my box till we get new firmware.

Patience is a virtue.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Banned

Well i aint got no buddies never spoke on ms about any such activity i personaly think they can tell what software with what ive read and what i have found!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cunny View Post
    This can easily be a bad rip that is stored on the hdd. Once connected to live, your box will tell the server, hence ban.

I still believe its down to bad rips/Issues/misuse of ABGX.

Let me ask this. How many of you VERIFY YOUR DISCS ATFER YOUR BURN A .ISO THAT PASSES IN ABGX?

If this was down to firmware i think we would see all xbox being banned now. Or half now half in new year so live subscriptions dont suffer to much.

Again this is only a theory but i still say its down to some bad rips, misuse of ABGX or playing games early. 17000 on CODMW2 online!!!! Its not even released yet.

Or another theory could be that M$ have found a way to detect discs ID. When you place a blank disc into your drive, IMGBURN can read the disc type, info including dye ect, maybe they can detect that?

IF YOUR BANNED YOU CAN ONLY BLAME THE PERSON WHO DECIDED TO HAVE THEIR XBOX 360 MODDED TO PLAY BACKUPS
    its gotta be the firmware. i got banned last night and hadnt played a backup game in a couple weeks now, been playing the beatles rockband which i bought. turned on my 360 last night and realized i was not connected to live. tried to connect then i got the popup saying i got the axe.
    and yes i verified all of my games with abgx, i did not play any game before its release. it is the firmware.
    when i first flashed my system and signed up for live i told myself as long as i get 6 months of the online play i will be happy, i got those 6 months and it was awesome. now i gotta go get a new xbox
    -- wii fitted argon
    -- psp slim cfw 4.01 m33
    -- black dsi supercard ione
    --360 elite iextreme 1.51

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    146 Posts

As cg stated nobody knows why we will get a ban. In your case it could have been a bad burn after the iso is verified. Why not run your discs through ABGX. I burnt tekken last week, iso passed except wave as ABGX cant recognise the wave 4. Checked the disc, it then failed.

All i can say is that i must have either been lucky or doing something right to aviod ban waves. 2 years going strong on LIVE. None of the boxes i have flashed have been banned to my knowledge.

Someone did contact me today to say his older box to the 1 i recently flashed, had been banned for playing new COD online.

Anyways, i have stated what a believe it is and thats my input.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Just received this email from everything4360.com:

"It has come to our attention that there has been some ban hammering in the last few days. As advised on site, do not use wave 4 (requiring activation disk) games on live for now until the firmware is updated. Currently the firmware versions are listed below.
    Benq - Samsung - 1.61
    Hitachi 1.51
    lite on 1.6

1.61 is an ammendment so you dont need the activation disk.

1.7 is due out shortly, hopefully within a few weeks and this will sove the wave 4 problem.

Support"

They seem to think it's only wave 4 games that will get you baaned - personally, I still think it's detection of firmware plus (possibly) a financial equasion by M$ based on how much you spend on live, and therefore what can they expect to lose if they ban you. I read somewhere that a guy who's box has 3 gold monthly accounts on it hasn't been banned, depite only playing backup games, which may support this theory.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Just bought my first month in 6 months, no ban, been online for 2-3 years, flashed will all ix for benq since 1.41. Currently on 1.61, flashed at start of ban wave. STILL NO BAN.

Ok I have modded quite a few xboxes and do some regulary for friends and family, still awaiting a single ban.
    Friends always online on COD 4. No ban. They are all on 1.6 (liteons) so is 1.6 detectable? Ask microsoft as only they can tell you.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    608 Posts

might be true the only 4 peoples l do the odd discs for r banned used the requiring activation disk and the other 5 r fine who didnt need one
    any information provided is for educational/experimental purposes only.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    146 Posts

i disagree that firmware is detecable, more likely playing un verified DISCS and pre releases. Ok remove internet connection, whats stopping the box from recording this information on a nand and relaying information to a server to flag your box for future ban?

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    608 Posts

as l said above l do think the activation disk use is behind it , only because if u need to use this disc the game your playing isnt safe , 1 , because your f/w isnt right and 2. because the game was never and still isnt verified to this day
    Last edited by smirnoff_rules; 9th November, 2009 at 11:23 PM.
    any information provided is for educational/experimental purposes only.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cunny View Post
    i disagree that firmware is detecable, more likely playing un verified DISCS and pre releases. Ok remove internet connection, whats stopping the box from recording this information on a nand and relaying information to a server to flag your box for future ban?
    i respectfully disagree. i believe its the firmware. ive always verified my isos before i burn them and hadnt played a backup in a couple weeks. only been playing the beatles rock band which i bought. i just believe that some people got hit and some people didnt.
    -- wii fitted argon
    -- psp slim cfw 4.01 m33
    -- black dsi supercard ione
    --360 elite iextreme 1.51

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast