Register
Page 67 of 268 FirstFirst ... 1757626364656667686970717277117167 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 4016
    DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

why we all dont write on helpdesk at once ..new help desk support system is already there.

V.I.P. Member

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,277 Posts

if i was the suspicious type , i would believe the rumours that the plan is to put all software online , after which you must have ams and in theory they could charge alot of money for this as without it all you have is a brick or a door stop.

i hope this is not the case . even fvdi users have offline version , certainly looks like VVDI will do very well from this , its madness unless abrites now own vvdi , why else alienate your loyal customers

like ninja , i have invested alot of money in this abrites software , though im starting to question what i have invested in as the software i had purchased has been taken from me with no warning and against my wishes .

DK Veteran
    where men are men and women eat their babies
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    573 Posts

just this thread and removal of bmw software would have cost them tens of thousands on unsold softwares in their sales
    and will only get worse for them

its their choice and in my opinion will finish this company for auto locksmiths who are out on the road
    which I suspect is about 90% or their customer base

V.I.P. Member

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,277 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by whiskeyman View Post
    just this thread and removal of bmw software would have cost them tens of thousands on unsold softwares in their sales
    and will only get worse for them

its their choice and in my opinion will finish this company for auto locksmiths who are out on the road
    which I suspect is about 90% or their customer base
    this is what makes their recent actions so unbelievable , why alienate your customers and drive them elsewhere , it makes no sense to me at all .

5. The Following User Says Thank You to rapidlocksmiths For This Useful Post:

whiskeyman (20th April, 2019)

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    178 Posts

Was debating Abrites or VVDI and was about to put a step on the bottom rung of the Abrites ladder and start building up software packages. After reading this and the other threads VVDI it is !

No way am I investing in something that is vulnerable to change and could ultimately collapse in time due to poor sales as a result of these changes.

VVDI2 is a couple of grand so if it does fail at some point ( which I don’t think it will ) financial loses are limited.

I feel for anyone who has spend £35-40k on this software to be treated like idiots. After all sales=research and development and if sales drop out well.............

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Jimmy07 For This Useful Post:

whiskeyman (20th April, 2019)

V.I.P. Member

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,277 Posts

for vag and bmw i would say vvdi2 since the unwarranted removal of the avdi offline bmw software , this move has made it non viable on bmw for many mobile locksmiths , if vag goes same way when they move this online then vag will be same . abrites is still excellent on vauxhall , fiat , PSA , renault , nissan , mitsubishi etc and improving on ford, unless this goes same way and just online , il not be updating mine unless i know nothing else has been stolen from us , il certainly not be giving them any more of my money until they rethink there stratergy of upsetting loyal customers , they have burnt too many bridges that need repair .

despite the issues avdi still has alot of plus points and is still excellent on many functions , still my go to tool on plenty , but once they have your money you are no longer important it seems , i wish they would invest in development and new functions and fixing issues rather than look for ways to extort more from us.

they need to rethink their customer care stratergy , upsetting customers on mass only ends one way as without customers they have no business.

if i was abrites id return the bmw offline that people paid good money for and wasnt theirs to take away , and work to get their once loyal customers back on side , customers only take getting shafted so much before they become ex customers , i would in their shoes do this quickly as once people invest elsewhere its almost impossible to get them back . after all the offline software was copied many years ago , so its not to protect their software , every fvdi user has coverage original avdi owners no longer have which is ludicrous.

we have paid them a great deal of money , in return they treat us like dirt and idiots in return. i do hope abrites read this thread and have a rethink and start working with their customers and treating them like they matter , its long over due , we need change and bridges building if we are to invest in the future , i hope they realise this and make change soon or i fear the future for them is bleak they have done their customers and their distributors wrong , both will suffer as will abrites unless theres change

ive not written abrites off just yet , i guess im clinging to the hope they will start valueing customers again , i will be looking to invest elsewhere until such a time if ever , but i hope things improve as abrites was once the king of tools .
    Last edited by rapidlocksmiths; 21st April, 2019 at 12:43 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,301 Posts

When YOU do actually 'write them off' then they would have to shut their doors ....

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    178 Posts

It will all go online it’s as sure as Monday follows Sunday. The Chinese developers will bring out a new tool that will be superior for a fraction of the cost VVDI is only the start of it. Yesterday my mate went to do a 2004 Citroen Relay with Abrites, pre-coded key wrote key from dump and a fail. Had to be done with MVP. No doubt Abrites was and still is a great tool but I think the future is looking bleak as they seem to be messing customers about and constantly moving the goalposts and standing with their hand out so you pay for the privilege.

The Russian affair is another example where they just took away software customers had paid for because of a dispute with a distributor. Makes you wonder how stable your very expensive investment really is ?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Jimmy07 For This Useful Post:

nenadgorgi (21st April, 2019)

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    408 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PremierD View Post
    When YOU do actually 'write them off' then they would have to shut their doors ....
    No serious locksmith will write them off. First we paid 30k euro for it, and we will write it off when they return money. Otherwise, only lawyers can deal with them,but to let any company to get away with my money like zedbull did, will never happen again ......and some Russians are offering competitive services for debt collection from companies like Abrites.
    Guided fault finding = Feature that many factory scan-tools have and real technician despise it.

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    526 Posts

I'm curious how will all those OBD2 programmers survive after few years when many cars will lock and unlock with digital security key uploaded on your phone.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,301 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gavra View Post
    No serious locksmith will write them off. First we paid 30k euro for it, and we will write it off when they return money. Otherwise, only lawyers can deal with them,but to let any company to get away with my money like zedbull did, will never happen again ......and some Russians are offering competitive services for debt collection from companies like Abrites.

' debt collection from companies like Abrites.'

Take a plane , knock on front door , get money back ........ maybe old school but usually works

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PremierD For This Useful Post:

PocketHero (22nd April, 2019), whiskeyman (22nd April, 2019)

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    573 Posts

still works in our country premier D
    pay or look like a watering can
    Last edited by whiskeyman; 22nd April, 2019 at 07:04 PM.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to whiskeyman For This Useful Post:

PremierD (22nd April, 2019)

V.I.P. Member

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,277 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy07 View Post
    It will all go online it’s as sure as Monday follows Sunday. The Chinese developers will bring out a new tool that will be superior for a fraction of the cost VVDI is only the start of it. Yesterday my mate went to do a 2004 Citroen Relay with Abrites, pre-coded key wrote key from dump and a fail. Had to be done with MVP. No doubt Abrites was and still is a great tool but I think the future is looking bleak as they seem to be messing customers about and constantly moving the goalposts and standing with their hand out so you pay for the privilege.

The Russian affair is another example where they just took away software customers had paid for because of a dispute with a distributor. Makes you wonder how stable your very expensive investment really is ?
    you will struggle to find a superior chinese tool , you will find odd ones that do some functions better , but unlikely to find an overall superior china tool across the board , and china is waking up to the financial gains associated with annual subscriptions and increased costs , they are adapting to this model better each year . abrites is still one of the best tools you can own despite being on the decline , only abrites can change tact and turn this around , if not then it will decline further but will continue to make us money . its more likely another top tool will emerge from eastern europe at a price.

like many others im lucky that my unit has paid me back many times over as i had it when it was top dog , and although im angry at the latest theft of bmw offline , i will still use it on what it is good on and continue making money with it whilst i decide on my next investments elsewhere if thinks dont change , but while it still makes good money and until better comes along then it has its place , its not the first manufacturer we have had this with and wont be last , its the life cycle of the top tool , often shortlived , you just make your money save an investment pot ready for the next top tool to come along and the cycle starts again.

welcome to the world of key programmers , it seems most manufacturers are turning the screw and looking at ways to bleed their customers , its started with iea and zedbull , cryptoworks , AD and smart pro fiasco , abrites , all look for ways to bleed a bit more from you though most are not as blatent , such treatment of customers is common place across this sector so is normal now , truecode is the most honest and the exception in my opinion.

i cant see abrites being concerned about some threads on forums , it will take far more to change them , only when it hits their pockets will they change , even then they may just shut up shop leave everyone with a brick and start again after all this worked very well for cryptoworks and IEA with zedbull, new name new tool , i hope they realise they cant get away with such actions and change , though its unlikely , but despite this and the anger towards them , its still a tool im glad to have in my toolbox for now , at least till an all round better option appears .
    Last edited by rapidlocksmiths; 22nd April, 2019 at 11:11 PM.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to rapidlocksmiths For This Useful Post:

PocketHero (23rd April, 2019)

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    573 Posts

need to ask yourself
    what is abrities doing now that others aint????

V.I.P. Member

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,277 Posts

not alot is the answer , but as you own it then it will still help earn its replacement , buying vvdi2 is the obvious replacement for vag and bmw for now , but im sure something new will emerge . in the meantime il work it hard to get most from it until i replace it. it still has the capability of paying for itself again and funding its eventual replacement as we own it we make it work .

i hope it wont be another IEA or cryptoworks , but both these got away with this , cryptoworks more than once , even chinese tools are rising in price adding subscriptions , they may well play this game better in the years to come.

we have been here many times before , they jiggled the vag licences , they removed suburu and charged for it , both causing uproar across the forums and net , many swearing to never buy again , yet most still invested and they got away with it , just as is likely they will again , though then they was still number 1 and less alternative choices existed , so not quite in as strong a position as they once were .

like mine im sure yours has paid for itself and moved into profit long ago as you had it when it made good money , its those buying now i dont envy.
    Last edited by rapidlocksmiths; 22nd April, 2019 at 11:43 PM.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to rapidlocksmiths For This Useful Post:

PocketHero (23rd April, 2019)