Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Default HP DX2200 Win XP Pro will not boot up due to power cut and cant find my HP Restore

Can someone please help or point me in the right direction as to how I can get my hands on a Boot /restore cd or download for my HP DX2200 with Win XP Pro. I switched the plug off whilst it was shutting down by mistake and after that it will no longer boot up . this happened once before a long time ago many years as this PC is very old and i managed to sort out with the original CD that came with the system, searched hi an lo but cannot find and hoping someone can help. I have much important programs and data on this . Many thanks in advance
    "Never confuse the size of your paycheck with the size of your talent"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Hello, If you need the CD, you can download it, 100% legal as it's just a copy, no serial is provided.

I've found a mega link here : https://mega.nz/#!TM1giDRK!iIHrZrV7Y...KEF-bunHF3O1Xs

I didn't download it and didn't check it for virus and malwares, be careful.

when booting on the windows CD, you can choose : recovery console

once you are on the recocery console, just write "fixmbr", it will fix the master boot record.

then "exit" to quit.

there is a lot of command to restore boot files, like "bootcfg /rebuild", but you didn't say if ther's an error message or not...? (or a bluescreen ?)

Last edited by Fresk29; 16th February, 2018 at 09:39 PM.
    Anonima Lombarda Fabbrica Automobili