Thread: My toys

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    257 Posts

Ok guys, I've got some new toys to make my life more difficult

Xhorse's VVDI Key tool: A must have
    This is the alternative answer of XHorse to the Keydiy stuff. To be honest this programable universal remote idea is so good as it could be, that's why they made another type for the same task. The first thing is compared to the Keydiy X2, what's the next generation tool of KD after Mini, 200 & 900 is the fact, that this revolver-looking toy has a big color display, and can be used without smartphone and internet - however this abilities are usable too. The main advantage compared to a KD900 is the fact, that this tool can clone transponders, and renew used remotes too. Yes, this renewing option is strongly limited, but is much more than nothig, and can come very often handy: just get a new housing for the remote, and make money from the garbage. The transponder cloning is good from some pov it is better than Handy Baby and X2, because it has free G and H chip functions. You need only 2 types of transponders for cloning: CN3 & LKP02. As far you don't try to clone ID48. This toy forces you to clone all ID48s as a 96 bit one via internet, and you know that this function isn't for free...
    Maybe it offers less type of remotes as the KD does, but covers the mostly needed models. Sadly they aren't compatible with each others, so you have to decide between KD or VVDI stockings, but my answer to this problem was that I have only B01 type remotes in my car with this tool, and KD stuff in the shop.
    As I said earlier, this is a must have tool, you can get it from $260 with 5 programable remotes.
    Last edited by PocketHero; 19th March, 2019 at 02:09 PM.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to PocketHero For This Useful Post:

baddaren (30th March, 2019), Col19 (31st October, 2019), DigitalBacon (16th February, 2019), electronistul21 (18th April, 2019), line44 (5th April, 2021)

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

This thread has been wonderful, I've read and learned a lot so far. I started a thread today asking what would be the best purchases for the US Market not much European cards where I'm at although we do have of course with a budget of $15K to be able to do the most (key programming, cutting, cloning, etc). What's your take on this @PocketHero ?

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    257 Posts

Sozz 4 the late answer

For key cutting when you wanna take it with you then X6, when you want to use it in a shop then Miracle or Condor. Condor only then, when you buy VVDI Benz, just to collect the extra free calculations.
    Key cloning and universal remotes: VVDI key tool and/or Keydiy X2 - depends on your needs. The Keydiy is (as far I c) a must have, so I think this could be a good soution.
    Dump programing: VVDI Prog and Orange5 as eprommers, Tango for transponder programing - and as backup a TMPro2 without modules just to have the option to save your @ss in the last minute for big money.
    OBD programing: Lonsdor made me a lot of 'merican cars, so that's a must have. For everything else AVDI.

That's enough to start your business, and everything else you will see.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to PocketHero For This Useful Post:

Col19 (31st October, 2019)

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

Very useful guide mate.
    Compare to you, I just started in this business about year ago. Started with Condor Mini only. Than added CX009 which saves me a lot of time on side cut keys. Than added Keyline Falcon for Tibbe keys. And XC002 recently.

I think your post helped me to make right decision about next cutting machine. I was thinking between A9 and Futura which I’m gonna buy this week probably.
    Regards

7. The Following User Says Thank You to ghostrider72 For This Useful Post:

apache4trak (14th April, 2019)

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    257 Posts

That's why I made this matey

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to PocketHero For This Useful Post:

apache4trak (14th April, 2019), Col19 (31st October, 2019), ghostrider72 (14th April, 2019), royalkey (14th November, 2020)

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    257 Posts

Ok, it is almost a year later, so let's see the new investments:

- An-san TR 2050 Panther SX (key cuting machine)
    - X-Horse Dolphin XP-005 (key cuting machine)
    - X-Horse VVDI2 full
    - X-Horse Key tool Max
    - Renault CAN/K-line tool
    - Hex Prog
    - Keydiy KD X2

An-san TR 2050 Panther SX: A mechanical key cutting machine - good toy if you can afford it.
    This machine was bought just to be able to cut plastic keys, and to duplicate dimple keys if needed. I know it gives cheaper solutions for the same problem, but my An-San Junior is such a great machine, that I could be sure that it will do anything what's needed. The only hesitation was to buy the simple Panther or the SX with the angle-cut option, but after a little hesitation the choice was made - get the better one. I bought it in ELF '19 Bologna from the Turkish manufacturer for 1400 euro - with the normal clamp (without angle adjustment option) that they will send me via post - but didn't got it till today, and couldn't catch the guy via phone or mail who made the arrangement with me.
    Besides this bad experience the machine itself is perfect, I didn't regret my choice.
    panthersx.jpg

X-Horse Dolphin XP-005:
    just another automated key cutter, but it is really made to work on the roadside - a good choice
    After the X6 I was really happy to have a machine what's more compacter and smaller for the roadside work - but this small thing is a heavy opponent. At first it is heavy because the batteries are built in into the machine, it can cut up to 10 keys without recharging - when you have no troubles with his bit.ch...
    It operates from smartphone or tablet or KeyTool Max as usual @ X-Horse, you can use the same VVDI app. The connection was made trough bluetooth as usual. The main problem with the machine is the hit & miss system what's built in as factory feature. Sometimes it won't work. Recalibrate the clamp, cutter calibration and such jokes are coming continously, but it won't cut da damn key. In this cases just switch the app to expert mode, and retry. Usually it helps, but when not then you have to do all the calibrations what's needed. This is impossible without a HON66 blade. If you try to do the calibration with another one, you will get a really bad result. For example: if you do the calibrations with a GT10 key, then you can decode the same blank key only for 3333333 instead of 1111111. To avoid this I've put a HON66 blade and a small hex into the collecting tray. I understand that the HON66 is the broadest available key blade, but why is it necessary to use only that one - neither the Mirace or the X6 does such jokes. Another problem is the bad keyway cuting when you cut an inner groove key. If you cut a VA2 or VA6 blade it makes such a bluff cut, that you can put the key in into the keyhole, but it is very difficult to pull it out. It hapens often when it decodes something that the machine breaks the probe without any reaseon, but next time (with the new probe) it decodes the key perfectly.
    However, this machine is good enough to buy one, but only for second one - you can't trust it so much as an X6 for example.
    The price is around 2000 USD with the basic accessories.
    No forum links, just search for yourself if you want to read more about the machine.
    dolphin.jpg

Hex Prog: Another eprommer, but another must have.
    This one is a bit uncommon between the other ones what I have, because it is made for in-circuit readings, only the small spiders (8 legged ones) are those what you have to remove for programing. Someone told me, that the VVDI Prog can do the same, but belive me it can't. Just check the lists, you can find the diferences.
    It has a good ECU clone/tune module (List of supported ECUs), can program beemer keys, it has a key renewal function (and much more), and is cheap enough to have it on your desk: just 450 USD when you get it from the official webpage.
    hexprog.jpg

Keydiy KD-X2: The next generation of the old KD900, another must have.
    There's a big question when you have to choose between the Key Tool Max and the X2. Both toys have their stronger and weaker sides, but I think they are cheap enough to have both of 'em. You need a smart phone or tablet to be able to use all the abilities of the tool, but that can't be a big problem nowadays. As a stand-alone it is almost a bad joke, but your pov will change in that moment when you start the app. Chip cloning, remote making/cloning, factory remote renewal - these are the main functions of the toy. I think you can find here in DK all the infos what you could need for the usage, and a bit more...
    The price is not too high, you can get it from $160 in a starter package with 3 remotes, and from $15 you can get the sniffer.
    kd-x2.jpg
    Last edited by PocketHero; 5th February, 2020 at 10:32 PM.

11. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to PocketHero For This Useful Post:

BeatsByMe (21st April, 2020), crankycarl (16th February, 2020), ghostrider72 (5th February, 2020), royalkey (30th January, 2021), Stelaras26 (11th February, 2020)

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    142 Posts

glad i came across this topic which i read in detail, every post, especially your replies.

what you've been doing for years, I'm just getting started, and thanks a lot for all the writing.

by the way one question, did you have experience with Autel more specifically model im508 or im608, if you did, i would greatly appreciate the opinion
    Tempus Omnia Revelat

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

Vvdi key tool is out of production now.
    Carprog 8.21,xprog 5.55,galletto v54,kess and ktag rework

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    257 Posts

Sadly I didn't used Autel's stuff before, I can't help you

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    257 Posts

X-Horse VVDI2 full: A good alternative when you don't want to pay for the AVDI modules.
    It has VW (Audi, Seat, Skoda, Porsche, Bentley), Beemer and PSA support with key learning and so on. I don't know how other peoples think, but AVDI is and was a good tool - but is damn expensive. The modules what this machine can do were cost more than 10.000.- euros. This alternative is good enough to do the allday work, and costs only $1600 from the official web page. From this year the ID48 cloning is free for all users, don't imitate - innovate! There is only one thing with this toy what irritates me: you have a prompt in the program, that you have to update the software, but if you push on update button, nothing happens. To update the program you have to download & install the new sw as usual @ VVDI Prog, only the firmware update needs the official updatge manager. Some times some functions aren't activated, then you can ask Maartinj for help, or just visit the VVDI2 topic for more infos about this toy.
    Update
    There's a serious trouble with this toy, in the Beemer section. DO NOT TRY TO ADD A KEY IN AKL SITUATIONS VIA OBD!!! The main problem is that fact, that this thing not simply communicates with the car, but in many cases it forces the car to answer. That triggers an alarm in the car, and it takes this as an attempt to steal the car, and destroys the CAS content. (Check the ISN checksum)
    The best solution is, when you take out the CAS and read it on bech, and of course read the ISN from the ECU.
    vvdi2.jpg

X-Horse Key tool Max: Another key tool from X-Horse, if you want to buy something better than the mini, this is your choice.
    I hate when I am forced to buy something, even then when it is a good tool. X-Horse did this with removing the normal Key Tool from the market, now you can make your choice between the mini and this if you want to have updates. This thing is a weird-housed Android tool with good functions, for example decoding keys from photo. This device makes the smartphone unnecessary for the use of X-Horse devices, it can do the key tool functions, can make the key cutters work and so on. The smart key side is strong enough @ X-Horse, but if you need the normal remotes, then the X-2 is much more better choice: the Keydiy usual remotes are easier to get as the X-Horse ones.
    This device has an OBDII expander, the 'Mini OBD', what can read out special infos (pin codes) trough OBD, and help to program keys.
    You can find more infos about this device here.
    Its price is a bit less, than $500 with the Mini OBD from the official webshop.
    keytoolmax.jpg

Renault CAN/K-line tool: Another tool to avoid buying expensive AVDI modules - another must have
    This small toy comes from the northern region, to be preciser from Lithuania and makes everyone happy. It is easy to use, has some support too, and you can get it for 600 euros. When you wanna play with older Renaults then it is a perfect tool, but when you want to make keys for more recent models (like Clio IV or Kadjar) then it can kill the car - on the same way as AVDI does. This sounds shocking, but there is a solution for this problem too: you have to re-syncronise the KVM module with the ECU and the BSI. Sometimes only the dealership can solve the problem, but when you wanna earn big then you have to risk. As you can see on the picture this tool works trough OBD only, has no key programmer device, what makes AKL solutions more heavier to solve. Additional infos you can find here.
    renaultcan-k.jpg
    Last edited by PocketHero; 18th July, 2020 at 08:41 AM.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PocketHero For This Useful Post:

crankycarl (16th February, 2020), royalkey (30th January, 2021)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Hello,

I want to ask witch tool for copying/clone transponder/remote is good to have for mostly european cars, i have handy baby2, but witch is still a must have like for french cars and germany...

Thanks

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    257 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Charli View Post
    Hello,

I want to ask witch tool for copying/clone transponder/remote is good to have for mostly european cars
    Easy question: Keydiy X2 is the answer. Good remote coverage, more times usable remotes, so you can try everything without losing money.
    When you have to deal with smart keys, then you have to buy a VVDI key max too.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to PocketHero For This Useful Post:

Charli (27th February, 2020)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PocketHero View Post
    Easy question: Keydiy X2 is the answer. Good remote coverage, more times usable remotes, so you can try everything without losing money.
    When you have to deal with smart keys, then you have to buy a VVDI key max too.
    So it also can do immo 4 for vag cars? Is it with tokens and are the expensive,and good for copying transponders...?

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Another great post! Keep it going!

22. The Following User Says Thank You to BeatsByMe For This Useful Post:

PocketHero (22nd April, 2020)

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    113 Posts

Hi all,

What information have regarding Autel IM608 ? How good is comparative with AVDI or another tools ? I know AVDI is more better but also more expensive.

I ask you this because I not see discussion here regarding IM508 or IM608.
    Last edited by Seby_TM; 1st June, 2020 at 06:42 PM.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast