Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
    DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    550 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by crankycarl View Post
    Oh I thought that the gbox2 made pass calc faster via obd
    no the pass calculation is online when you are using exist key in the car via obd. For me time is critical in this case. Unfortunately i have some inpatient customer

On the bench who cares is some kind of power adapter (gbox..etc) or bdm programmer time isn't relevant (at least for me)
    Sir, are you classified as human? Negative, I am a meat popsicle

Top Poster +

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

So far results are better and better for me, although Autel should still step up on the complaint response (not after 2 weeks asking to test a beta... that car will not be with you at that time, or something is seriously wrong!)

Last 2 days:
    Peugeot 207 - pin ok, coding ok, remote had to be added manually (procedure in IM608)
    Hyundai Getz 2007 - pin by vin conversion in Autel, added key fine (handy baby 2 did not decode the key correctly and had no chips on me for the Mini Key VVDI and KD-X2 which decoded fine)
    VW Caddy 2007 - added key after making dealer key fine (not even reprogram other key) and added remote fine as well - used smart detection menu
    Benz CLS350 2005 - calculated pass and added key with smart system within 10 - 15 minutes

in my experience, if you do benz and it asks to turn on and off the key .. prepare for long time in the job (can take easily 30 minutes and boredom as hell for turning on and off ignition sooooo many time)...

also a question - if you do benz, which machine best to make the emergency key. It's no standard fit in my Sec E-9 and the adaptor is stuck in Chinese freight mess up due to the C. virus as it seems. Only have the clamp tools for the manually cutter,
    especially if you do older ones, the blade from a non working key won't fit in newer chrome key so you are doomed to make one most of the times

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    997 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Matronix View Post
    So far results are better and better for me, although Autel should still step up on the complaint response (not after 2 weeks asking to test a beta... that car will not be with you at that time, or something is seriously wrong!)

also a question - if you do benz, which machine best to make the emergency key. It's no standard fit in my Sec E-9 and the adaptor is stuck in Chinese freight mess up due to the C. virus as it seems. Only have the clamp tools for the manually cutter,
    especially if you do older ones, the blade from a non working key won't fit in newer chrome key so you are doomed to make one most of the times

I cut HU64 on SEC E9z without clamp - The problem is that factory setings for HU64 are wrong and machine cut wrong key

The good one is that on SEC E9z you can make your own program just take the right sizes from Instacode and make your own program

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Manta1600 For This Useful Post:

Matronix (26th February, 2020)

Top Poster +

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

Hmm, gonna have a try on making my own program, thnx

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Gents ,

where did you bought your im508/608 ?

looking to buy one in Uk and I have seen some Chinese website advertising them as global coverage but the local supplier says that they will be ip blocked .

V.I.P. Member

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,277 Posts

china has its uses and some of the kit is very good , however never 100% trust what you get told , coverage lists will never be whats claimed , and like most sellers of kit they rely on sales to eat , so like most salesmen they will tell you what you want to here . it is true that any new units bought in china will be IP blocked , this was a move to encourage distributors to buy and stock the tool as all new tools need distributors, so while sales are good this will be the case. but as has happened so many times before , when sales drop off or when the tool owners believe they are bigger than their distribution partners they change this .
    this has happened many times , take keydiy , they did exclusivity deals with distributors , one uk distributor had this in uk exclusive , until another distributor offered to take more units , as keydiy grew they then sold to all , keydiy did same they made a cheaper unit for china that they stopped it working in uk , they even made it so keys bought in china wouldnt work on uk machines , this lasted a year before back to free for all.

so yes if you buy now from china it will likely be ip blocked , but this will be until they change their mind , by which time they may also have discontinued the machine to release a new one , the favoured route of obdstar .

for now if in uk buy from uk distributor to be certain of getting what you pay for.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,577 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Evernemi View Post
    Gents ,

looking to buy one in Uk and I have seen some Chinese website advertising them as global coverage but the local supplier says that they will be ip blocked .
    It's always better to pay some more money and buy from local distributor (of course if such distributor exist in your or nearby country) than China. In case something happen with the tool, you always have quick support. Sending tool back to china and back from china takes some time and it's harder communicate in case any problem - it takes a time, even couple of days to explain the problem actually. Locally you can always make a phone call and save the time. Also you should always be free to call in case any programming issue / questions etc. so it's really worth to pay more for the tool like that.
    Last edited by p1et; 12th March, 2020 at 12:20 PM.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,577 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Evernemi View Post
    Gents ,

It's always better to pay some more money and buy from local distributor (of course if such distributor exist in your or nearby country) than China. In case something happen with the tool, you always have quick support. Sending tool back to china and back from china takes some time and it's harder communicate in case any problem - it takes a time, even couple of days to explain the problem actually. Locally you can always make a phone call and save the time. Also you should always be free to call in case any programming issue / questions etc. so it's really worth to pay more for the tool like that.

Sorry DOULE POST

Top Poster +

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

Megane 4 - 2017 blade key - took some time to calculate pincode and does not give it to you but will create a dealer key afterwards does program the key... All worked fine

-- however, the Sec-E9 machine dropped the ball on me with this one, could not make a blade working in ignition, cuts only part of the blade (!) This new coding was not available in the Sec. Had to finish rest of the blade with a manual machine. When checking carlist also missed several other Renault cars so mailed the makers of this thing
    Last edited by Matronix; 24th March, 2020 at 01:40 PM.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Matronix For This Useful Post:

p1et (24th March, 2020)

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    143 Posts

Autel IM508

last 3 days:

Fiat Grande Punto 2006 , success, read PinCode , instant pin code calculation
    Alfa Romeo 147 2007 , succes, read pincode after reading eeprom (10min)
    Skoda Octavia 2007. succes , read pin code , read dash eeprom
    Tempus Omnia Revelat

13. The Following User Says Thank You to tepSIJA For This Useful Post:

Weasel3 (21st July, 2020)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

IM 508 , fiat croma 2006 BSI MM 1k79X key Id46, it coudn't read a contain of BSI as i used bsi id 46 but when i used ID48, it read properly and show all immo data. New key/remote added.Thx

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    234 Posts

IM508-Nissan Micra K13 2015y system keyless all key lost ,add 2keys 5 min job ok
    IM508-old Opel Zafira 2002y ...communication with immo modul ok ,but can not write key ....opcom 5 min job.
    IM508-Mitsubishi ASX 2015 keyless add key ..ok
    IM508-Nissan Qashqai J10 2012 add blade key ...ok
    Last edited by t77; 17th July, 2021 at 06:47 AM.

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    997 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Matronix View Post
    Megane 4 - 2017 blade key - took some time to calculate pincode and does not give it to you but will create a dealer key afterwards does program the key... All worked fine

-- however, the Sec-E9 machine dropped the ball on me with this one, could not make a blade working in ignition, cuts only part of the blade (!) This new coding was not available in the Sec. Had to finish rest of the blade with a manual machine. When checking carlist also missed several other Renault cars so mailed the makers of this thing
    What blade use this car?

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    550 Posts

the blade is VA2 the cutting is VA6 or VA8 don't remember
    Sir, are you classified as human? Negative, I am a meat popsicle

18. The Following User Says Thank You to jodge For This Useful Post:

Manta1600 (20th June, 2021)

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    997 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jodge View Post
    the blade is VA2 the cutting is VA6 or VA8 don't remember
    If is VA2 blade and he had a problem must be VA8 1423 that SEC E9 cut wrong keys as VA2 1125 is OK

On the my machine I programed manualy new card for VA8 1423 and now is OK

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast