flashed ben-q drive
Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default flashed ben-q drive

Hi peeps I hope this isnt a stupid question, some years ago I bought a chipped/flashed 360 an its been fine until a week ago, RROD ive tried all the fixes to no avail, now the dvd drive is a ben-q and I have been messing around with it and think I have flashed it, now if I was to buy a cheep second hand 360 can I just take out the dvd drive that comes with it and fit the ben-q one so I may play my backed up games or does the 360 have to be chipped/flashed as well ?? please be kind with your answers as I am a total newbee to all this flashing business
    thanks for any replies

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    146 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gpv62 View Post
    Hi peeps I hope this isnt a stupid question, some years ago I bought a chipped/flashed 360 an its been fine until a week ago, RROD ive tried all the fixes to no avail, now the dvd drive is a ben-q and I have been messing around with it and think I have flashed it, now if I was to buy a cheep second hand 360 can I just take out the dvd drive that comes with it and fit the ben-q one so I may play my backed up games or does the 360 have to be chipped/flashed as well ?? please be kind with your answers as I am a total newbee to all this flashing business
    thanks for any replies
    TBH no. Spoofing a mfr drive from 1 to another was frowned upon

Now, its a while back. Simple answer is

Want to use xbox live? Yes. Buy a replacement drive and have someone flash the fw for you
    Donw want to use live? No. Then try a spoof at your own risk

Id buy a replacement drive

"Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot."

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default flashed ben q drive

you can take off top with only a paper clip?